• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gunsmithing Looking for a Gunsmith

jwkao2

Private
Minuteman
Feb 26, 2011
Anyone know of a good gunsmith in tbe Denver, Colorado area? I'm asking because I have a Walther P99 that won't stay in the locked back position after the last round in the magazine is fired. That and I would love to have a go to guy for any other smithing needs. So if anyone's happy with someone in particular, I'd greatly appreciate the recommendation. Thanks in advance.

Re: Looking for a Gunsmith

Are they the factory mags or Jericho mags ?
Also take the slide off and inspect the tab that is activated by the mags look for damage or excessive wear

They're the factory magazines. I have two of the same pistol. I'm pretty sure it's not the magazine since I have tried the magazines and they work just fine with the other pistol. I'll take a look at the tab that is activated by the mags. Thank you.

He's not in Denver, but if you talk to "Stoney" up here in Sturgis (Bar Sto Precision) you'll be hard pressed to find a better pistol plumber.

He's my neighbor here in the industrial park. Hell of a good guy and between him and "Ol Squidly" (his go to guy) I'm sure they could help you out.

C.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: C. Dixon</div><div class="ubbcode-body">He's not in Denver, but if you talk to "Stoney" up here in Sturgis (Bar Sto Precision) you'll be hard pressed to find a better pistol plumber.

C. </div></div>

Is Bar Sto in Sturgis now? - Todd