• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Looking for a hunting scope had trijicon or other questions

Jglitch

Private
Minuteman
Oct 27, 2021
Working behind enemy lines(CA)
I've been looking at a combat optic for hunting don't really want to jump the gun on a 1000$ glass right now and I'm waiting for deals next week, has anyone here actually had experience with trijicon's scopes?

I've used the acog on my AR but never got too much into their optics. Every time I look them up here people recommend them bit share no real experiences. Is there better more durable options for 5 to 6 hundred and if not what model does anyone here recommend I see the accupoint and the credo are those good starting points.

I'm throwing it on a sig cross in 6.5 creedmoor if that's needed will be shooting at distances of 100 to 600 meters so I want something in the low end of 2 or 3 to a 12 mag if there's any solid recommendations I'm open to anything(besides athlon I have an Argos btr but planned on just using that for target shooting

I have a Trijicon, but it's a Tenmile 5-50, so doesn't really translate to your q. I'd look at Razor LHT for lightweight, otherwise XTR3 around your price point.

I have a Trijicon, but it's a Tenmile 5-50, so doesn't really translate to your q. I'd look at Razor LHT for lightweight, otherwise XTR3 around your price point.
How is burris I keep seeing people recommending them, I just bought a leupold mark 3hd 4-12(figured if I'm going to do SFP for hunting might as well get something a little more economic then a 900$ scope for now) as an in between so I'll be back on the market in January or February for a buy it once scope and I hear burris is a good go to for the 1100$ range but I'm still eyeballing nightforce what options do I have for FFP that's durable and can handle a beating from them?

XTR3 is the best value currently IMHO. I have 2 of the 30X SCR2's. Also have a ZCO and tried most everything else in between. I've posted specific comparisons in the past, I'm sure it's all searchable.

XTR3 is the best value currently IMHO. I have 2 of the 30X SCR2's. Also have a ZCO and tried most everything else in between. I've posted specific comparisons in the past, I'm sure it's all searchable.
I'll look it up before I get to work. I was looking at the XTR2 the other day, does it track well, warranty and all? I want something I could literally take into a (don't know how to say this without coming off as cringey) hostile environment. I work security I really don't like having gear fail me in the field I could imagine that would be no good for me which is why I had been stressing durable. Which is why I'm buying multiples and trying not to skimp out (the athlon was arguably me skimping but I wanted a cheap ffp)

XTR2 had very sub-par glass. XTR3 is the only Burris I would consider. Do some searching here - I'm only a hobby shooter - lots of other people with different needs and more experience have commented on the same.

XTR2 had very sub-par glass. XTR3 is the only Burris I would consider. Do some searching here - I'm only a hobby shooter - lots of other people with different needs and more experience have commented on the same.
Thanks for your honesty, I'll check around I'm still open to ideas although if I break that 1500$ barrier I might as well just bump up and get a schmidt. I will take a look into the xtr3 though and see what the consensus is I've only seen the name mentioned a 100+ times on here

Reactions: Chickentoast
Last bit from my conclusions... I ended up with a 2nd XTR3 because there isn't really anything short of a ZCO that is giving appreciably better image quality - point is, if spending more than 1500, spend 3750 on a ZCO.

Last bit from my conclusions... I ended up with a 2nd XTR3 because there isn't really anything short of a ZCO that is giving appreciably better image quality - point is, if spending more than 1500, spend 3750 on a ZCO.
This is turning into the reason I didn't buy the nightforce shv I read on 2 different posts here you'll regret not spending the extra 1500 to get the atacr haha

XTR3 as good IQ as ATACR IMHO and destroys the NX8. To me, Nightforce is ~1k overpriced.

How does the XTR3 fall into the $5-600 price range?
It doesn't but neither did really a lot of the trijicons I just stretched my budget for what I thought was going to be congruent with what I have but at smaller magnifications but the trijicon's are SFP and if I was going to go that route I was going to stick to the 600 range which I did now I'm just planning the next.