• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

looking for a LR-308 sub moa barrel

benfur

Sergeant
Minuteman
Nov 19, 2007
anywhere USA
Looking to get a barrel that will give me .5 moa or atleast sub moa. Don't want to pay more then $600 out the door. been looking at a Lilia drop in but the only thing is I need a step in the barrel for a ops inc collar. Will lilja contour the step if I give them dimension? Also looking at a bartlein barrel but where would I go to get it chambered and contoured for a lr-308 upper. I know Lilja sells their drop in barrel on their site but where do I find a bartlein barrel? Of the two what's the best choice and what will preform better using handloads.

Bartlein will rough contour, then rifle, then send it off to Paul Craddock at Craddock precision for finish contour, chamber, port, crown, etc.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Craddock can provide the extension for the LR-308.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

.50 moa with a semi is a tall order and seldom accomplished. 3/4 moa is what I typically see with a good Semi in .308. I would say get a JP barrel as they are Awesome and right at 600.
JP Rifles

.50 moa with a semi is a tall order and seldom accomplished. 3/4 moa is what I typically see with a good Semi in .308. I would say get a JP barrel as they are Awesome and right at 600.
JP Rifles

I'll have to agree. My current LRP-07 in 6.5CM is hammering. Here's a couple groups from yesterday shooting at 100yds from the prone with bipod/rear bag. Not cherry picked, just 2 test loads of the 20rds I shot through the LRP yesterday. Also have a pic of a 10rd rapid fire group measuring .730" on my phone.

5-rounds 123gr AMAX
123amax_zpsa83bb6f4.jpg

5-rounds 140gr AMAX
140amax_zps864d9591.jpg

I know adco will contour a barrel for the ops inc collar but it will set me back 120 plus shipping so $600 plus contouring I'm thinking a bartlein or lilja will cost the same if not cheaper. Not to be a snob but I rather have those barrels then a jp. Anybody else have advise please chime in I'm all ears

I second Mark .. We have 2 of his rifles an extra upper ..308, grendel and 243. Crazy good Shooters

Give RTO and shout. He might have a Bart or hill in stock.

Marks rifles come with a .50 guarantee or better. All 3 of ares print better than .50 on average

good luck with your barrel hunt.

If you are easy any barrel can shoot MOA once, or twice. Sub-MOA all the time? Yeah have fun.

John

good luck with your barrel hunt.

If you are easy any barrel can shoot MOA once, or twice. Sub-MOA all the time? Yeah have fun.

John

Agreed. I didnt buy my LR 308 with it being a precision rifle in mind...never even thought of it that way. I wanted it to get rounds on steel during tactical matches with fast follow up shots for misses. That said, it can't shoot sideways but MOA is plenty. I shot these groups with the factory 16" barrel with flash hider, crappy stock trigger and rattling carbine stock. The little 2 shot groups were with a hot barrel after several strings fired.

I quickly figured out that other parts of this platform contribute to accuracy more than the barrel for my purposes at least. So i have replaced the flash hider with a Surefire brake (already had), installed an ALG Combat trigger ($60), JP silent capture buffer spring ($135), and Magpul CTS stock ($99). If none of these things make the groups tighter, then so be it..they are already decent for an over-gassed pig. But these modifications will surely make it more pleasant to shoot, reduce felt recoil and muzzle jump which will make ME more accurate under pressure when it counts. So for around $300 i think i will get about as much as i can out of this rifle as I am capable of anyway.

Will i replace the barrel? Yes...but for velocity reasons to stretch the 175's out. But it wont be a $600 upgrade....if i can stay off the JP website anyway.

Give Krieger a call they have a shit ton of M110 Barrels instock, and that contour will be perfect for you.. You will be out of pocket about ($600 shipped) But you will get a awesome drop in ready Single point cut barrel in return. I get 90% of my barrels from Krieger and could not be happier.

Krieger Barrels Online Inventory List

If you call them they will fill you in on what you need to do, you will have to send them the Bolt you plan to use..

Also if you want the best get a Bartlein IMO..Contact Jeff hayes, he does some of the best work I have ever seen on a big block AR.

Jeff worked for GA Precision and is now doing his own thing.. and he seems to have a pretty good pipeline for Bartlein Barrels.

I have a 14.5" Mike Rock barrel on my P308 that shoots just under .70" all day long with best group bejng .53".

I called GAP to have them install a 20" Bartlein and they quoted me a price. I may call Jeff Hayes and get a quote from him as well. Thanks for the info!

Thank you for all the good info but if you could please provide links of the smith you guy are referring me too or at least a number thanks