• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Member Link Up Looking for a Machinist job in South Florida

radius

Private
Minuteman
Jun 7, 2010
Texas
I'm not sure if posting this topic is againt the rules, so delete it if neccessary.

Good day folks, my name is Ethan, I am 21 years of age and I am currently enrolled in Job Corps in San Marcos Texas as a Machinist. I am about to graduate in early November and head back to Florida to continue advanced training in Machining and Welding. I am currently in the phase of finding a job in Florida to help further my skills in the Machining trade as well as pay my bills. If anyone has any job opportunities in a machine shop in South Florida, even if it is sweeping ships off of the shop floor or cutting stock, I would greatly appreciate an opportunity to get my foot in the door. I do not currently have a cell phone you can reach me at, but I am able to check my PMs on this site and can exchange information on that medium.

My machining expirience includes, setting up and operating manual end mills, lathes, drill presses, and band saws. I am very familiar with MasterCAM software for Lathe programs and Mill programs, as well as set up and operation of a CNC Expert Mill. I know very well how to use a dial, vernier caliper as well as the different types of micrometers and depth guages. I would also have to say I am very proficient in drawing and reading blue prints.

Every little bit of information is helpful and greatly appreciated.