• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Looking for a mount that will top mount RMR with Nightforce NX8 2.5-20

eugevita

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
Jun 10, 2020
Hi Guys,

Looking for a new mount for my NX8 2.5-20 that would allow me to top mount an RMR pattern RDS at 12 o'clock. The issue Im facing is with finding a mount that is designed to put the RDS at a height that will clear my NX8 turret (higher turrets than ATACR). Appreciate any suggestions.

This is for my 6ARC proof barreled larue build which is an absolutley awesome rifle. Just need to figure out this RDS situation next.

Thank you for the help!

ARC.jpg

A Spuhr mount with an RMR interface and a spacer (4mm or 10mm) would clear the turret.
Awesome suggestion, thank you! Have you tried this with the NX8? Just curious?

So the spacer would sit between the RMR interface and top of Sphur mount I guess? That definitely sounds like it could be a solid option!

Badger C1 with ARC spacer would clear as well. There’s also the Reptilia ROF spacer for RMR which sits between the RMR and the mount that would work on anyone’s mounting system for rmr footprint.

Reactions: eugevita
Excellent info! Thank you!

Is this the badger mount you would reccomend?

Yessir. Your total parts list is:

• Badger C1 mount
  • Badger C1 ARC ring
  • Badger C1 12top RMR mount (actually I have one I’m not using)
  • Badger ARC spacer

Badger, reptilia, and spuhr are great options.
Reptilia is a poor choice because no inclination.

Yessir. Your total parts list is:

• Badger C1 mount
  • Badger C1 ARC ring
  • Badger C1 12top RMR mount (actually I have one I’m not using)
  • Badger ARC spacer

Reptilia is a poor choice because no inclination.
Thank you so much for the detailed info, much appreciated!

I am also considering their 12 oclock aimpoint micro mount since I have a sig romeo 5 I could use for this setup. I have an RMR on my pistol but not sure I want to get another or even a holosun if I could get away with using the romeo 5 which works really well. That said, not sure if the romeo would sit high enough to clear the turret. Might give badger a call later today.

That Badger mount setup is probably the most versatile, but the Reptilia mount works fantastic on one of my AR uppers:

i-MTHjhX7-4K.jpg

Just one small spacer (think it’s 2mm), but thinking about adding another to get the red dot a bit higher up.

Pro tip: Unless you have tooless zero caps, whatever solution you go with, zero the scope first; i.e. before mounting the red dot. And I mean completely, not get it close/on paper at an indoor range, then do a real 100-yard or whatever you prefer zero later. Invariably you’ll have to adjust the caps and one of the set screws will be blocked by the RMR, forcing you to either pop the red dot off, or spin the turret, loosen the screw, and then because like a dumbass you were rushing, didn’t count the clicks, so you spin it back to what you hope was the right position before finally removing the cap to set it to zero. #1stworldproblems

Ask me how I know. :cautious:

Last edited:
I wouldn’t run the Reptilia on a magnified optic other than LPVO due to the lack of inclination, but if you can live with however much you get out of the turret otherwise I suppose it’s fine.

Awesome suggestion, thank you! Have you tried this with the NX8? Just curious?

So the spacer would sit between the RMR interface and top of Sphur mount I guess? That definitely sounds like it could be a solid option!

…no secondary accessory mounted here, but can confirm the Spuhr works very nicely with the NX8, even with the stock rubber caps:

i-MH6dNj6.jpg

And of course, almost limitless options out there for adding stuff to the Spuhr mount.

I wouldn’t run the Reptilia on a magnified optic other than LPVO due to the lack of inclination, but if you can live with however much you get out of the turret otherwise I suppose it’s fine.
I think Im with you on this....want my 20MOA on a rifle that Im pushing tor real distance!

Reactions: TheOE800
…no secondary accessory mounted here, but can confirm the Spuhr works very nicely with the NX8, even with the stock rubber caps:

i-MH6dNj6.jpg

And of course, almost limitless options out there for adding stuff to the Spuhr mount.
Nice Rifle! Not sure how it would be with mine since my NX8 is the 2.5-20

• Haha
Reactions: 91Eunozs
You already have the scope mounted.....grab the larue lt788 mount....fits 30 and 34mm

easy peasy

Worked for me on an NX8 4-32

Had to add a reptilia spacer when I went to an atacr with a taller turret
Thank you for the suggestion! I saw that mount myself and the simplicity is attractive. Do you have a pic of your setup ? Just curious? It seems this mount is designed for 45 degree mounting between the turrets? Does that work well for you for target ID and then dropping into the scope? I was kind of hoping for 12 oclock more tradition straight line mounting but perhaps this would work. NX8 2.5-20 is very short so Im not certain I could squeeze this guy onto my tube though perhaps its possible.

Thank you for the suggestion! I saw that mount myself and the simplicity is attractive. Do you have a pic of your setup ? Just curious? It seems this mount is designed for 45 degree mounting between the turrets? Does that work well for you for target ID and then dropping into the scope? I was kind of hoping for 12 oclock more tradition straight line mounting but perhaps this would work. NX8 2.5-20 is very short so Im not certain I could squeeze this guy onto my tube though perhaps its possible.

Sorry, no pic but I use it with a red dot mounted at 12 oclock in front of the elevation turret

The larue can be mounted either way, facing forwards or backwards so its pretty versatile for different use cases.

I sight it in for 100 to match the optic

I use it more for getting on target for anything out past 300-400 then drop into the optic and I'm on target in the reticle and only have to make minor adj......it also permits me to cheat a bit and zoom out less because I can locate the target and get on glass more easily without zooming all the way out then back in.

Other use case I've found it works for is fast/close stuff and movers out to 150 ish.....the red dot is "good enough" to get hits on reduced ipsc plates set up on a mover.

If you were starting over with a new mount I would consider badger c1.

Sorry, no pic but I use it with a red dot mounted at 12 oclock in front of the elevation turret

The larue can be mounted either way, facing forwards or backwards so its pretty versatile for different use cases.

I sight it in for 100 to match the optic

I use it more for getting on target for anything out past 300-400 then drop into the optic and I'm on target in the reticle and only have to make minor adj......it also permits me to cheat a bit and zoom out less because I can locate the target and get on glass more easily without zooming all the way out then back in.

Other use case I've found it works for is fast/close stuff and movers out to 150 ish.....the red dot is "good enough" to get hits on reduced ipsc plates set up on a mover.

If you were starting over with a new mount I would consider badger c1.
Thank you for the additional info! Your use case is exactly what I have in mind so thats encouraging! Glad to hear it clears the turret without issue! Do you feel the Larue mount is solid? Since it has the shim system and only two screws I feel like it could be prone to loosing zero if getting knocked around...I could be paranoid though.

Thank you for the additional info! Your use case is exactly what I have in mind so thats encouraging! Glad to hear it clears the turret without issue! Do you feel the Larue mount is solid? Since it has the shim system and only two screws I feel like it could be prone to loosing zero if getting knocked around...I could be paranoid though.
Its rock solid on both 30 and 34mm tubes

That 5-20 NF is an odd duck with short tube length in front of the elevation turret

I looked at it and chose to go with a Leupold 5HD 3.6-18 H59 FFP instead of the NF and the clarity of the 5HD and form factor is spot on for SPR/DM gun

Is there a specific reason you want it mounted on top? I know some guys use the red dot on top because it helps them line up the target with the scope for long range shots or for night vision, but I prefer the 45 degree mounts and there are a ton of good ones out there. I’ve had both and it is much easier and faster to shoot the offset red dots than the chin weld of the red dot on top.

Is there a specific reason you want it mounted on top? I know some guys use the red dot on top because it helps them line up the target with the scope for long range shots or for night vision, but I prefer the 45 degree mounts and there are a ton of good ones out there. I’ve had both and it is much easier and faster to shoot the offset red dots than the chin weld of the red dot on top.
Yea man, my purpose is to help line up target with scope for quicker long range shots.

Did you figure out a solution to this? I have a very similar setup and I found that my ROF-90 for DPP would not fit on the Reptilia AUS mount with NF 2.5-20x, there's not enough room on that section of the scope for the ROF mount.
I'm wondering if maybe the RMR one is smaller, as it appears I need a big riser regardless. The turrets on the NX8 are tall!

Did you figure out a solution to this? I have a very similar setup and I found that my ROF-90 for DPP would not fit on the Reptilia AUS mount with NF 2.5-20x, there's not enough room on that section of the scope for the ROF mount.
I'm wondering if maybe the RMR one is smaller, as it appears I need a big riser regardless. The turrets on the NX8 are tall!
Try it on the rear ring with riser?

Attachments

• IMG_3169.jpeg
    IMG_3169.jpeg
    733.7 KB · Views: 179
Rear with a riser may be the only solution. I happen to have the RMR ROF 90 and a SRO, so I'll order a riser and try it out. Thanks.

Reactions: adavis1138
hey mate...sorry for late response.

Not yet, i have not.

Seems like maybe the new area 419 mount with a diving board might work but not sure yet.

If you’re willing to swap mounts, a NF with their A425 ring up front got me enough clearance to avoid hitting the scope body and turret. I got the lowest RMR mount I could find (Browe) and it worked out pretty well for me. It’s almost only the window showing above the turret.
IMG_1889.jpeg

If you’re willing to swap mounts, a NF with their A425 ring up front got me enough clearance to avoid hitting the scope body and turret. I got the lowest RMR mount I could find (Browe) and it worked out pretty well for me. It’s almost only the window showing above the turret.
View attachment 8270834
Very nice man! Thank you for the suggestion!

Do you have any more pics? What specific NF mount are you running?

Very nice man! Thank you for the suggestion!

Do you have any more pics? What specific NF mount are you running?
Pretty sure it’s an A191, 1.375 height and 20MOA. The Browe mount has held zero so far, but it also hasn’t been out but a handful of times since I put it together.
IMG_6381.jpeg
IMG_6382.jpeg