• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Looking for a new 308 for around 1500 Dpms Recon G2...& steel cased ammo?

shipwreck2

Private
Minuteman
Aug 13, 2014
I have a saiga 308, but thought it would be nice to also have a lighter AR-10. I have a lot of cheap ammo (as I have a saiga) and I have been looking at the AR platform. It looks like the DPMS Recon G2 is a winner and in the right price range. I have read the warning on the dpms website about not using steel cased ammo and have emailed the company specifically as if you watch their promo video it makes it sound like "our guns are indestructible...but don't use lacquer coated ammo as it will gum up the gun"; I shared my thoughts with DPMS and the answer was simply "no foreign ammo should ever be used in any rifle"; that was it. Makes it sound like "we love America use American ammo".

I have read many a article and watched many videos where people use their wolf ammo in Ruger, Smith, Springfield etc. and there has not been an issue.

Is it really a problem to shoot wolf/tula in the dpms?

For 1500 is there something you like better than the dpms?

I'm done with Tula myself. Had a ruptured case screw up my bolt gun and then tried it in my G2 and blew the magazine out the bottom. Brass XM80 at least for me from now on.