• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Looking for a new email service

Mister Ridge

Sergeant
Minuteman
  • Aug 15, 2011
    Maryland
    Yahoo is pissing me off because they don't like adblock, and I've been meaning to get away from them anyway. Don't want Microsoft or google. What do you recommend?

Edit: just to clarify, I'm not talking about a business account. This would be my personal email.

Last edited:
    I've used 1and1 since about 2000. I can create as many aliases as I want. Every vendor gets their own email address to me. If I get spam, I can tell where it is coming from. I warn them once, and if it happens again, I send them an email informing them we are not doing business in the future. The I delete their alias. Viola no more spam. If I need to send encrypted, I send an encrypted attachment.

If you’re not using business Gsuite you’re 10 years behind progressive technology.

If you’re not using business Gsuite you’re 10 years behind progressive technology.
    If you're still calling it Gsuite, you're four years behind the rebranding to "Google Workspace". If the OP specifically states he doesn't want Google, why in the fuck would you recommend a Google service that comes with a monthly cost on top of it being Google?

OP, Proton mail gets my vote. Not always the simplest to log into, but there's reasons for that.

I'll add in one more suggestion. Instead of running AdBlock, shift over to uBlock Origin for your ad blocker. A couple years back when AdBlock changed things and automatically whitelisted some of their own bought and paid for favored websites, I said fuck them and changed my ad blocker over to uBlock. It's much more efficient, gets nowhere hardly as much "You need to whitelist us to proceed" notifications, and uses far less RAM on your browser.

I just logged into my old Yahoo account with ublock running, no notification at all to disable or whitelist. And yes, Yahoo sucks, even more so since they were bought by Verizon, and their spam filter is virtually worthless. Being as I've had the email address for over two decades though, and many old friends have that as the only way to reach me, I still keep it alive. It's the email I use when I'm pretty sure it will be sold, and no business ever gets my Proton address.

Proton Mail is heads and shoulders better for security and privacy.

Reactions: 7.62willdo
    Since the first computer I bought about 18 years ago I have had the same and only
    e-mail address. As stated by Redmanss this is the only contact mode that I have with friends and family. So a question from an obviously non tecky can you take your old email to a new server.
    Has anyone else had Google to block All conservative and gun related channels and not allow me to subscribe to them again or any new conservative sources?

DannC, it’s a pretty good practice to have multiple emails for multiple uses. Friends and family get your personal email, online businesses would have an email for that, and one or two more for things won’t let you see or do something without an email address.

You can get much fancier but that’s a basic path to use. The, if one gets compromised, you can delete the account, start a new email account and start over.

Reactions: Lawless
    Yahoo is pissing me off because they don't like adblock, and I've been meaning to get away from them anyway. Don't want Microsoft or google. What do you recommend?

Edit: just to clarify, I'm not talking about a business account. This would be my personal email.
    I have encountered a similar problem, but the reason was excessive unwanted advertising and spam. And there was no way to block certain users, only each one manually. And, for a long time, I ran from one email box to another, changing addresses, just so that spam senders leave me alone. But then, to be honest, I hesitated. I began to forget passwords; I was confused purposes of my email boxes. As a result, I decided to find a service that would monitor suspicious messages, clean spam, and block users with certain names. I'VE FOUND IT. Here it is -- https://folderly.com/email-spam-fix. It's paid, but I think it's worth it.

Last edited:
    Nice third post,
    I have encountered a similar problem, but the reason was excessive unwanted advertising and spam. And there was no way to block certain users, only each one manually. And, for a long time, I ran from one email box to another, changing addresses, just so that spam senders leave me alone. But then, to be honest, I hesitated. I began to forget passwords; I was confused purposes of my email boxes. As a result, I decided to find a service that would monitor suspicious messages, clean spam, and block users with certain names. I'VE FOUND IT. Here it is -- https://folderly.com/email-spam-fix. It's paid, but I think it's worth it.
    Nice third post, scammer.

I have encountered a similar problem, but the reason was excessive unwanted advertising and spam. And there was no way to block certain users, only each one manually. And, for a long time, I ran from one email box to another, changing addresses, just so that spam senders leave me alone. But then, to be honest, I hesitated. I began to forget passwords; I was confused purposes of my email boxes. As a result, I decided to find a service that would monitor suspicious messages, clean spam, and block users with certain names. I'VE FOUND IT. Here it is -- ***link deleted*** It's paid, but I think it's worth it.
    Fuck off spammer.

Why is the optimum method for a techno-idiot to retrieve & store from an old email (i.e. aol) before transferring to a new service?

Why is the optimum method for a techno-idiot to retrieve & store from an old email (i.e. aol) before transferring to a new service?

Download them all to a hard drive, don’t try to migrate them to a new service as this will require you to make an action for each individual email.

Another vote for ProtonMail, plus they offer vpn for your phone, pad, and/or laptop