• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Looking for a new rifle

I am a Tikka fan boy, smoother action and factory trigger with an ez spring swap and good to go. I have a CTR 6.5C and love it.

Depends on what you plan to use the rifle for, target, plinking, hunting, survival, ..are you a handloader? Or depend on factory loads?
The longest range it will be likely used..
Remember components and ammo may be out of supply, or in short supply for many calibers.
Then, Choose whatever you like...

If you're looking at the Bergara Competition, I'm thinking you are interested in PRS/positional shooting. If that is the case, the Tikka chassis is a poor choice - it lacks a large barricade stop, does not balance well and costs way too much for what it is.

The Bergara is decent, but lacks availability of shouldered prefit barrels for later in life when you'll want to switch calibers or just get a new barrel.

If you like the MPA chassis the Bergara comes with, I'd get a MPA PMR on order ASAP. Better rifle for similar money.

Or if your budget is tight, snag a Solus competition next time they are on sale.

Reactions: Leeonitus
Sorry didnt put all that in here... I am a handloader, i have a 6.5 tikka ctr 20in for hunting also do a little target shooting. My brother got a Bergara hm 14, shoots target mostly(also he is a handloader).. So was looking at joining him doing some targets. I also did the spring change for a better trigger on the CTR. I do ok with the CTR but looking at shooting 600 yards and more.. I have primers 2k, and 600 bullets and about 600 shells (Lupa an Hornady), and have powder (h4350- Nv 550, staball, also a few pounds of pistol powder.. Survival have a few pistols 9m,10mm22's... thanks for all the replys....