• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Looking for a new scope

Chrpllz

Private
Minuteman
Sep 8, 2022
Oregon
Left Handed shooter found a killer deal, now I need to get a scope on it.
  • What is the platform for the scope? LH Bolt Christensen Ridgeline
  • What cartridge are you shooting? 300 PRC
  • What is your intended use for the scope? Primarily hunting in the PNW and occasionally long range target
  • What type of conditions will you typically shoot in? Lowlight, daylight, rain, snow
  • What are the typical distances you intend to shoot? Hunting: 100-600 Target: 100-1000+
  • Are there any specific specifications you would like? MOA, not a busy reticle, yardage turret maybe?, FFP, LH features like my Kahles is nice but not a deal breaker. I’d prefer to stay on the lighter side too but will take extra ounces to gain functionality all day.
  • What is the price range you can afford? 2-3k
I have a Kahles I’m really happy with, a swaro I like a lot too but heard they are declining, and my girlfriend has a Leupold Mark5 we really like. Not against buying a second one of what I have, I’m just curious if there is something out there that I’m missing? We don’t see a lot of “high end” optics where I live. Any input is greatly appreciated

For hunting, light weight and durability is important. However, you also want 1,000 yards, which makes the choice a little hard, as hunting scopes tend to be more basic as the range is close-in. You can get pretty wide distortions out to 1,000 yards.

I would split the baby and get two scopes. Nightforce SHV is going to give you performance and lightweight and good for hunting. I would tend toward some other more expensive scopes like ZCO or March or Vortex Razor or NF ATACR, but since we now are limited in budget, I would get the Mark 5 HD for the long range.