• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Looking for a precision reloader in or near Seattle

Hercflyer

Private
Minuteman
Feb 3, 2022
Seattle
Hey all, I have a 6.5 Creedmoor dilemma. I bought bullets instead of fully cased rounds and I can't send them back. I have some Berger 140gr bullets that I'd like to load into some casings but don't know how to do that. Does anyone know of a place in or near Seattle that would be able to offer that service? At this point, I would be looking to do something on the high end of quality to see if a better quality round will make a difference from the ELD 147's that I have been shooting from Hornady. Much appreciated.

(edit) I am sorry if this will ruffle feathers, but I am looking for answers and not opinions on what you think I should do. If you know someone in or near Seattle that does custom loading, that's the info I could really use. I do not have the time or space for my own reloading, but I would be willing to pay for custom loading or pay someone to teach me to do it for later down the road. I am new to precision rifles, but not new to firearms. I am not a guy with more dollars than sense, I am a small business owner of a rapidly growing business. So, when I do have free time, I want to spend it with my family and friends actually shooting and not all my spare time reloading or learning a new hobby. I felt this needed to be said based on the 2 replies I got. Again, not meaning offense or to ruffle feathers, just trying to be efficient here.

Last edited:
What makes you think a precision reloader will be able to make a higher quality round using your Berger bullets?

It's not as simple as putting bullet A into Case brand B with recipe C from a manual, what you are requesting takes some time and effort as every gun and load is a little different. If you had a buddy you shot with who reloaded then it could be an easier process but just handing someone (whether or not they are reputable, trustworthy or talented) some components and asking for a load is just wasting components in my opinion. Hold onto them and just use factory ammo for now.

Reactions: Modoc
You can probably find a company to do what you want. I don't have a suggestion.
Do you know your freebore length so the company you select can take a few of your fired factory cases and work up a load likely comparable to really good factory rounds using Berger load data? He will need dimensions to load up rounds that FIT your rifle, maybe not be in TUNE to your rifle, but fit.
Might even be as good as factory match rounds unless your rifle likes something a little different.
Maybe he could load up a few with different CBTO lengths and charges, like maybe 10 each, and have you shoot them, pick the best, then order a bunch.
Quality ammo means consistent. A consistent misfit means poor accuracy.
100yds, 600yds, or 1000yds?
If they don't shoot well in YOUR rifle, be sure to get a money back guarantee.

How about this question?
Who has the best 6.5CM load specs for the Berger 140gr bullet.
There has to be a best, right?
What powder, charge, jump, etc.
Once you get an answer, pass it on to your commercial precision reloader and see if he agrees.

Here's some
Eagle Eye Precision Match Ammunition

6.5 Creedmoor 140gr Berger Hybrid Precision Match Ammunition​

$239.13 /100

Last edited:
The folks that reload in my area and sell the ammo, I met at the local gun show.

He would reload basic rounds to ~ factory ammo and the way to see if it would shoot well in my gun was to buy a box, shoot them, and see. If it did then I would buy more of the same, if not no big deal.

When you say that you want "precision reload" to buy then you have opened up another level of reloading that the others are cluing you into.

Now the reloader needs to know what the chamber of your gun is to set the bullet jump to the lands, neck tension of brass, and set back of shoulder to make the brass last longer, and may need to try a few different powders, (as well as shooting different weights of same powder (shooting a string)) to see what your gun likes. This would take a lot of back and forth with the reloader.

So, I would go to your local gun show and find that guy and ask him at what level would he be willing to work with you.

Reactions: simonp