• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Looking for a precision single stage press

cro789

Sergeant
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Dec 20, 2008
    TN
    I aim looking for a single stage press for precision reloading. I have a COAX with over 50,000 rounds and I think it has started to wear. Any suggestions ?

If you got the coin, Area 419 Zero press is pretty tits.

You could go with the Redding T7, or just buy another coax

Reactions: camocorvette
    Wish I could afford zero press but just not in the cards. Just have to start looking for another COAX. I have had real good service out of this one.

I was wondering about the MEC as well but don't know anyone running one. The only one I have seen are the ones on youtube.

what is worn? just asking 50k is not that much, I have pistols that I have put 100K through and loaded all rds. through same press.

Reactions: Foul Mike
    Ultimate Reloader did a single stage shoot out that you can see at

I currently own a Co-Ax as well but if starting over would be looking really hard at the RCBS Rock Chucker. Also, I'd be real dissapointed if Forster wasn't willing to refurbish your Co-Ax for a reasonable fee.

Reactions: cro789
    Rock Chucker is a great press as is the Redding, I have a coax and it would be very hard for me to give it up. Can't think of a thing I don't like about it.

I will ask if they can refurbish it. I didn't think of that. Thanks

I have/had a bunch of single stage and progressive presses, including a Coax, and my next one will probably be a Redding T7.

That turret really makes load dev and short batches easy.

Just switched over to a single stage. Decided on trying a Lee Classic and have been very pleased. So far I've loaded 300 BO and just began 6.5 Creedmoor. Both have been excellent. It might take a little longer however I'm enjoying the single stage aspect much more than when I was using a progressive. I'm getting repeatable load measurement with each case I've loaded.

Replaced my old Rock Chucker with a MEC MM about 3 years ago. I also got the stand with it. I've loaded thousands of rounds on it.
    IMHO, it's hard to beat for a single stage, precision press. When you factor in the price, it's even harder to beat. My second choice was a Forster Coax.

So you think the MEC is a good choice for a single stage precision press?

MEC, Redding T7, and Forster i think those are the best. Had all 3 i kept the T7 and my old Rock chucker for nocking out primers.