• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

looking for a rifle rest

LS6TT

Sergeant
Minuteman
Feb 28, 2009
DFW, Texas
searched and searched and searched some more, so before i go and build my own im looking for a tripod rifle rest, something small in height, 9-10" in height. anybody know of which to stay away from and which are gtg? a place to buy would be great.

Re: looking for a rifle rest

PRS TRIPOD! contact platypus here on the hide. Danel will set you up. Since the bipod stud on my rifle broke, I have been using the tripod with the rifle rest he makes for the past several range trips. It works great from prone or bench. And I like it better than using a bipod.

Alex, I figured I would post a couple pics of my PRS with my rifle. At its lowest position its just a little bit taller than if I had my Harris 6-9 mounted up. Just add a RedTac tactical pillow and Valla! comfy rifle rest, I like it because there is no "hop" when firing, the rifle just slides in the cradle.
Here are the pics:
Pic of how my rifle sits in the cradle.
DSC00787.jpg

I am shooting my M40A1 clone in the foreground with the PRS tripod
Pascagoularangeday.jpg

The PRS tripods from Danel Jenkins (platypus here on the Hide) are the cat's meow!!! I have now used both his small and medium sized tripods and they are second to none! Great price, great value for all the features you get, and the man behind the scenes is as good as they get.

You can decide if you want the medium or the small depending on which best suits your particular needs. When "grounded", both tripods will get down to the range that you are looking for. If you just want something as a dedicated bench tripod or for prone shooting only, then the small will work great. If you want the flexibility of additional height/size for shooting from other positions or using the tripod to double as a platform for your spotter, I'd go with the medium.

Here is a link to his website or you can look him up and PM him here on the Hide:

http://www.precisionriflesolutions.com/

Good luck!

thanks guys, that looks like what I need im looking for one to use prone and sitting, but not sure if the medium will get that low.

thanks for the quick replies

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LS6TT</div><div class="ubbcode-body">thanks guys, that looks like what I need im looking for one to use prone and sitting, <span style="font-weight: bold"><span style="font-style: italic"><span style="text-decoration: underline">but not sure if the medium will get that low.</span></span></span>

thanks for the quick replies </div></div>

The Medium PRS tripod will ABSOLUTELY get low enough to use prone. I don't have access to any pics of mine setup in the prone position, but I assure you that it works well. If you go to the PRS site and go into the Photo Gallery Section, and then into the Field Photos album, get up to around the 34th pic or so, you can see some images of the medium PRS, grounded, and setup for use in the prone position.