• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Looking for a Rifles Only Match West TX \ East NM

ponchair

Sergeant
Supporter
Minuteman
Dec 16, 2007
Tempe, AZ
Anyone know of a monthly competition going on in the area? I appreciate your help.

Re: Looking for a Rifles Only Match West TX \ East NM

we have one comming up north of dallas is that close enough

Where, when,C.O.F.,Rnd.count,Cost...Details!!!!

were shooting clays and eggs at 400 yards. The prizes are great.actions and scopes. Look in the Tact. match section under charity shoots

I'd be willing to travel a descent distance, but it would be great to find something that is in the Midland/Odessa area and possibly has matches once a month.

Thank you all for the information. I am going to start at home and try the F Class matches, then work myself out to Raton, NM and meet the infamous Zak Smith.

ponchari and tsprink, the Raton match is a blast, no need to "work up to it", just come out and shoot. You will see your skills improve each time you go. There are a lot of great guys there that are, for the most part, more than willing to help you out.

Not picking on anyone but to call the matches at Midland F-Class is a stretch. They do sound fun though

The F Class in Midland is 530 yards. So yes, not near the usual F Class.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 257speed</div><div class="ubbcode-body">ponchari and tsprink, the Raton match is a blast, no need to "work up to it", just come out and shoot. You will see your skills improve each time you go. There are a lot of great guys there that are, for the most part, more than willing to help you out. </div></div>

I will for sure be there at some point. Might wait till the Spring though. How many people typically attend?

The smallest turn out last year was the Feb match and was 25 ish IIRC . The rest of the year was over 30 every time and we broke 40 more than once . I suspect will go over 50 this year at some point which will make for a long day .

C Ward, not to hi-jack but werent they going to start a similar match north of Denver to maybe offset the larger turnouts. Not that I mind, It was still fun even with the largest turnouts.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: C Ward</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The smallest turn out last year was the Feb match and was 25 ish IIRC . The rest of the year was over 30 every time and we broke 40 more than once . I suspect will go over 50 this year at some point which will make for a long day . </div></div>

I cannot wait!

Yeah some of the Wyoming guy's were talking about it but I haven't heard anything more since the end of season last year .

Guess we'll find out in about a month if the come down to shoot .