• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Looking for a scope for a LWRC M6A3 6.8

Gasitman

Out of work pan handler
Minuteman
Aug 7, 2010
Washington
As the title says, here is what I plan to use if for, about 80% shooting paper as far as accurately possible. 20% hunting either deer or Pigs.

I have always thought the more magnification, the better for accurate shots from a bench to see the bulls eye easier.

I like the idea of illumination (electronic) simply for the fact that after using a trijicon with with green illumination, it is so much easier for my eyes to adjust.

I would like to listen to all suggestions, however I do not think going over $1500 is an option.

So far, I cannot find anything out there. Either a inexpensive scope like a Viper PST with red illumination, or a trijicon accupoint, but it is not electric.

I looked at a Leupold 3x9 VX-R patrol looks like a nice deal for under $600.

Re: Looking for a scope for a LWRC M6A3 6.8

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gasitman</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
I looked at a Leupold 3x9 VX-R patrol looks like a nice deal for under $600. </div></div> you actually just answered most of your own questions. I have a Vortex PST, and I just ordered the 3 x 9 VX-R so I have not seen it yet but I will have it next week. I think both would fit your bill. I would say one thing it is hard to find a high magnification scope that works well on shooting high precision paper and hunting too at least where I hunt in the mountains where most shots are under 100 yards. The closet I think is the USO 3.8 x 17 or 22. I can do both with it but it is expensive. I think under 1500.00 i could also look at a used Nightforce on the optics for sale section. You can probably find a used 3 x 15 for under 1500 without ZS.

Another good optic is the Trijicon series of optic. I don't have any but I have looked at them while in some gun shops. Great glass and around $700-800.

My hunting rifle for deer is a LWRC M6A2 in 6.8mm and I currently have a Leupold 3 x 10 on it. For a 6.8mm that will not ever shoot over 400 yards a 10 power is the most you will ever need.

I run a Nightforce 2.5-10X32 MOA/MOA and have driven the 6.8 to a 1000 with it. Given the 80/20 split I would run either a Leupold Mk IV 3.5-10 or Nightforce 2.5-10. If it was the other way around with more hunting then target shooting it would be a toss up between the Accupoint 3-9 and VX-R 2-7. I've run the Accupoint and shot a bunch of hogs using it, so that would be my choice. However, I think the dot in the Accupoint is too big for fine/accurate target shooting.

Hope this helps.

Thanks guys. I will look at the nightforce. Are there any scopes that have a green reticule other than a cheap UTG?

USO 1.8-10x37mm with JNG reticle... great setup for gas guns.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: K_4c</div><div class="ubbcode-body">USO 1.8-10x37mm with JNG reticle... great setup for gas guns. </div></div>

I guess you missed the price point of under $1500.

The SWFA 1-4 SS HD. I love mine on my 6.8 SPC. ALso with the deals swfa has going on you can get a really nice mount with it also.

Aron-

I just sold mine for $1600 (needed more mag for my barrett)... they're out there.

really thinking of getting the vortex 2.5-10 Seems like a screaming deal, and from what I read on here, Vortex has a good name.