• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Looking for a sling...

chriso

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jul 14, 2008
California
Im looking for a sling for this rifle...
1243145652598.jpg

My grandfather has a Old brown leather sling with clips on it I believe he got it in when he was in the USMC Sorry for the lack of information but maybe someone might be able to help...

Re: Looking for a sling...

Nailed it!!! thanks alot. Anyone use these on their LR set ups? I just love the way they look.

That sling that your Grandfather has is probably a M1907 Leather GI sling. Turner makes those too. Good luck.

And please check out TIS, one of this site's longtime loyal supporters.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: chriso</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Nailed it!!! thanks alot. Anyone use these on their LR set ups? I just love the way they look.</div></div>

Yes

+1 on TAB.

lost my TIS cuff for a week when i moved and the sling was useless without it.

i prefer not having loseable parts.

I use the TIS slip cuff and could not be happier. I picked it up so I wouldn't have to worry about losing a detachable cuff. It's durable, easy to adjust, and quick to get into and out of.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: cowboy_bravo</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I am a big fan of the TAB Sling...
http://www.riflesonly.com/store/TAB/sling.html#

It takes the traditional way of using a sling for shooting and gives you a sling that can do it all with out compromising your need for a carry strap. It is super fast, durable and works like a champ!</div></div>

Couldn't have said it better. Love mine.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: chriso</div><div class="ubbcode-body">What type of mounts are on the HS precision stocks??? </div></div>

Standard studs like cavscout said, but you better epoxy them in, as they are only in there hand tight. I use JB Weld, and they have never come loose. Better safe than sorry.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Rijndael</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LoneWolfUSMC</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Mike is a regular on the Hide.</div></div>

<span style="font-weight: bold">WAS </span>a regular.
http://www.snipershide.com/forum/ubbthreads.php?ubb=userposts&id=299</div></div>

Where is Mike? I have heard that he hasnt posted in a while, but why? Whats the story?

For that particular rifle I would say to use a Turner on it, but to enter the TAB Sling fray:

Here is a short video showing one in action:
<object width="425" height="350"> <param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/hwk3iDMdEDg"></param> <param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param> <embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/hwk3iDMdEDg" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"> </embed></object>

If you go the other way, most people have a very hard time using them, and setting them up correctly as they are not the easiest sling to use. My evidence, a picture posted yesterday at the NORCAL Match and a sling shooting position.

I don;t know who this is, but its something we see everyday with people and slings... this shooter's sling is pretty much doing nothing.
tbrc_2009_8.jpg

The TAB Is much more intuitive and user friendly, and it works. Not saying the other slings don't work, they do, but take much more practice and work to get them set up properly as evidence in that picture.

The TAB has an over size slider, it doesn't change length when locked down and "slipped" over the bicep. It has a designed front and back where all you need is the front to use in shooting.
tabelite-1.jpg

Personally we find it a better sling, but don't take our word for it, go and try them all side by side too see.

I think I will get one of the turners I love the classic look and heck I might just pick up another one for a different rifle!!! thanks alot guys!!!