• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gunsmithing looking for a smith in Northern Calfornia

djacri

Private
Minuteman
Jun 24, 2003
USA
my current builder is a little overwhelmed! need 2 recently completed builds reworked.

Re: looking for a smith in Northern Calfornia

I have used Maraviov Gunsmithing in Woodland with great results.
NOW, I cannot vouch for his rifle building as I have not used him for such. But, I have talked to him about some future rifle work and he was knowledgeable on such and he showed me some nice builds he had on hand. All you can do is call and see,
530-668-4867 and his name is Craig.

You should be able to find a smith around Susanville Ca. That is were a gunsmithing school is. You could call the school for good smiths....PC

I could call my brother in Mendin, NV. He went to school there and knows all the local gunsmiths in the Reno area as well as the Northern California area, He grew up in Tahoe and has been a shooter all his life.....PC

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: RobG</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I have used Maraviov Gunsmithing in Woodland with great results.</div></div>

There are several guys on 24HourCampfire that use Craig Maraviov and are very pleased with his work. He built the bottom rifle (not mine):

YQNLU-DSC03907.JPG

Give Jones' Fort a call in Redding. You can talk with Patrick or Marshal. They know their stuff. Most, if not all, of their staff shoot and shoot competitively. They do everything under the sun. Excellent work.

Jones' Fort
East Cypress Redding
530-222-3223

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: TheSmokeRolls</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I could call my brother in Mendin, NV. He went to school there and knows all the local gunsmiths in the Reno area as well as the Northern California area, He grew up in Tahoe and has been a shooter all his life.....PC </div></div>

Hey PC, how you doing?

Hey Brian , sorry it took some time to get back to your post.. I guess you could add some recommendations for a good gunsmith in the Northern Calimornia area even though thats bigger than two smaller states put together, just read the post and answer up if you can help him.........See, ya Bri..........PC

JRH Advanced Gunsmithing. About 15 minutes off Hwy 80 in the Auburn area. I build and shoot 1000 yard tactical rifles. Basic work to full customs. 530-268-6877, ask for Shawn and leave a number if I'm not in.

I second Del Valle Gunsmithing and Ray Parga. He did some great work on my 1911 and he has one heck of a riflesmith on staff.

Yo Ray...Where's my check?

Josh