• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Looking for a stock for a Savage LA

Awag1000

Interstellar Weapon Systems
Supporter
Minuteman
Jan 17, 2020
Eastern South Carolina
I'm looking for a really nice stock for my Savage long action. The Accustock is not ergonomic at all. I'm really bummed because Manners doesn't make the inlet for the Savage long action. I really wanted the T6A, love the look and feel of those carbon stocks. I'm a sucker for the "carbon weave" look. Those of you who have experience with inletting manners stocks. Would it be possible to order a flat top and have someone else inlet it for my rifle? Or is there something weird about Savage long actions that just don't interface well with these stocks. Am I just going to have to look elsewhere for a stock?
Thank you for your time. -Austin

I'm looking for a really nice stock for my Savage long action. The Accustock is not ergonomic at all. I'm really bummed because Manners doesn't make the inlet for the Savage long action. I really wanted the T6A, love the look and feel of those carbon stocks. I'm a sucker for the "carbon weave" look. Those of you who have experience with inletting manners stocks. Would it be possible to order a flat top and have someone else inlet it for my rifle? Or is there something weird about Savage long actions that just don't interface well with these stocks. Am I just going to have to look elsewhere for a stock?
Thank you for your time. -Austin
Personally, I like savages. Especially for the money. You won't find too much love for them on these forums or in competition circles in general. Consequently, a lot of stock makers don't offer off the shelf stocks for savages. They were more readily available before tikka came on the scene and aftermarket actions became the norm. I think manners stopped back in 16. The savage footprint is a little weird too and may require an altogether different stock design than other actions. This was the reasoning why the KRG bravo wasnt offered for the savage, anyway.

I'd probably sell the savage and buy a tikka or bergara. Most stocks come inletted for tikka and the bergara is basically a 700 footprint. Maybe even go remage if that's your thing. It'll probably leave you better off in the long run for less money. If you like the barrel nut design of the savage and appreciate swapping barrels for $400 in your garage, the bighorn origin wouldn't be a bad option if it fits your budget.

With enough time and money you can make a VW bus fly. It might not be the best use of your resources though. If you have your heart set on shooting a savage, custom may be your only option. That's going to get expensive fast and you won't get anywhere near what you paid for it if you're not thrilled with it.

Good luck.

Reactions: Awag1000
Personally, I like savages. Especially for the money. You won't find too much love for them on these forums or in competition circles in general. Consequently, a lot of stock makers don't offer off the shelf stocks for savages. They were more readily available before tikka came on the scene and aftermarket actions became the norm. I think manners stopped back in 16. The savage footprint is a little weird too and may require an altogether different stock design than other actions. This was the reasoning why the KRG bravo wasnt offered for the savage, anyway.

I'd probably sell the savage and buy a tikka or bergara. Most stocks come inletted for tikka and the bergara is basically a 700 footprint. Maybe even go remage if that's your thing. It'll probably leave you better off in the long run for less money. If you like the barrel nut design of the savage and appreciate swapping barrels for $400 in your garage, the bighorn origin wouldn't be a bad option if it fits your budget.

With enough time and money you can make a VW bus fly. It might not be the best use of your resources though. If you have your heart set on shooting a savage, custom may be your only option. That's going to get expensive fast and you won't get anywhere near what you paid for it if you're not thrilled with it.

Good luck.
This makes sense to me. Seems like Savage is more suited to sit in a chassis. I've already put a ton of work into my Savage but I think I'll save myself some headache and throw it in a MDT chassis.

This makes sense to me. Seems like Savage is more suited to sit in a chassis. I've already put a ton of work into my Savage but I think I'll save myself some headache and throw it in a MDT chassis.
I'm a chassis guy too. I thought you were dead set on a stock.

I'd probably go MDT as well.

I’ve been very happy with my MDT ESS on what started as a Savage 110 HS model

HS isn’t a bad choice for savage either
59FB7967-74A1-4A4A-AF5A-4F7BEB286884.jpeg

DADA04D7-A8C0-4255-B103-1076A2902DE2.png

Reactions: Steel head
I have my short action savage sitting in a cadex chassis (they make long action versions too). Pricier than average, but it's really a nice piece of kit.

(the FDE one in the front)

UUjmMbb.jpg

Last edited:
no ida if that would fit or not but it would be pretty if it did good luck where ever you get your stock or chassis