• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Looking for a trigger for 308/6.5 build

Tech43

Private
Minuteman
Apr 5, 2020
Building out a LMT 308/6.5 lower and wanted to know what everyone else is using, what they like ect…thanks in advance

Trigger that is, and if you have a suggestion on buffer, going 20” barrel

Not that my experience is worth anything at all compared to others who are more knowledgeable but I dropped a TT Diamond AR10 in my LMT and it has been fine for me

Building out a LMT 308/6.5 lower and wanted to know what everyone else is using, what they like ect…thanks in advance

I use Triggertech diamonds, Geissele ssa-e/sd-e or geissele hi speed nm in my builds.

Timney Triggers AR-10 Competition Trigger​

Very smooth ! ! !
29357AC3-016F-4A54-A58E-7ABEBF2054F8.jpeg

Geissele SSA-E... The G trigger has a rounded GI trigger face that I prefer.

The LaRue is a heck of a bargain, and I own a few... but I just can't say I like the flat trigger face edges / non rounded off profile.

Reactions: CoriolisEffect
You cannot go wrong with a Geissele but the LaRue MBT-2 is hard to beat for the money.

Reactions: Ravenworks
up to 100;
you've got the Shmidt 2 stage which is the centurion but for 20 cheaper unbranded centurion (Aero has them as does botach)
LaRue which is over 100 with tax and shipping now but I like that one better anything up to 200.

For a precision gas gun trigger: I personally use the SSA-E and it breaks right at 3 LBS. Excellent trigger. Also have a Larue MBT-2s and it's pretty awesome. Wouldn't mind having either in my precision gas gun. I've heard the Triggertech Diamond is real nice, but haven't personally used one yet.

....If you already have an AR15 platform and using a particular trigger system that you like, it would be a fairly good assumption the same thing would be just as good in an AR10 platform....go with what you know already works for YOU...

Reactions: Ravenworks
SSA-E or Hi-Speed from Geissele. ATC Gold or TT of your preferred flavor for drop-in.

My $.02: If you're on a budget, LaRue MBT-2S is hard to beat under $100. It's damn near as good as the Geissele SSA, and I love the wide face. The Geissele SSA-E is a bit better, but I'm not sure it's enough to justify the premium over the MBT-2S.

But if you're spending Geissele money, I'd rather step up to a TriggerTech (especially if you can find one on sale). If you're ok with the very short first stage, they're fantastic precision triggers.

I’ve liked both the Hiperfire Hipertouch Competition and Geissele SSA-E.

I think moving forward I’ll go Geissele just because I think I prefer a 2-stage. Haven’t seen it posted, but definitely recommend waiting until one is on sale at PSA. They recently had the Geissele SSA-E for $170.

Geissele SSA & SSA-E, LARUE MBT-2S and ARMALITE NM are all I need.

I kindathank that the SSA-E is too light for bumps in the night as a loner rifle.

Geissele SSA-E is my favorite trigger. Installed in most of my AR's. TT is on 1 AR. Nice trigger if you can get use to the very short 1st stage.

Consistent Geissele SSA-E in all my gas guns Brownells is having a descent sale now

I must be a troglodyte. I think the CMC single stage 2.5 lb drop in triggers are the best trigger for the money. You can find them for sale for like $135 bucks. I replaced one with a Trigger Tech diamond and I was surprised at how little different there was. Certainly didn't shoot better groups with the diamond over that cmc. I also really enjoy drop in triggers. Put your two trigger pins in and Bob's your uncle. Move out with life and worry about more complex things. We have Geiselle two stage triggers at work and I think they're atrocious. Granted we probably have some sort of peasant grade, industrial, overly safe version, but it's like pulling the trigger on a Glock.
I've got a few of the CMC's, both 2.5 and 3.5lb and they're my go to budget trigger. If you're feeling really snobby you can find flaws with them but the price makes it forgivable.
I also have yet to be impressed with a Geiselle. Not sure what all the fuss is about.

I can recommend the Hiperfire Reflex (it's the same as their Competition, just with a normal shoe instead of an adjustable one).

I've put over 10,000rds downrange between the one in my MPX and the one in my AR without any issues and they've both settled in at ~2lbs with no creep and really nice resets, no light strikes ever, and no crap to report at all really.

I've had Geiselle's, CMC's, Timney's, etc... the Hiperfire is the best I've tried and it ain't close.

FWIW, I run a TT Diamond @ ~7ozs in my bolt gun and love it, but a friend of mine who also has a Hiperfire tried one of the TT AR Diamond's and told me not to bother...

...while on the subject: anyone try the Jard AR set-trigger that can go to ~1lb..?

...while on the subject: anyone try the Jard AR set-trigger that can go to ~1lb..?
I've always been curious to try that or any other Jard trigger but the rough looking machining displayed on their rough looking website has always scared me away.

I've always been curious to try that or any other Jard trigger but the rough looking machining displayed on their rough looking website has always scared me away.

I know what you mean…

But, I got one of their triggers for a Howa 1500 a while back and no shit, it is/was about every bit as nice as a TT Diamond… so I’m curious 🧐

Might be a buy it to try it situation… IDK, still on the fence I guess.

Reactions: TonyTheTiger
I must be a troglodyte. I think the CMC single stage 2 1/2 lb drop in triggers are the best trigger for the money. You can find them for sale for like $135 bucks. I replaced one with a trigger Tech diamond and I was surprised at how little different there was. Certainly didn't shoot better groups with the diamond over that cmc. I also really enjoy drop in triggers. Put your two trigger pins in and Bob's your uncle. Move out with life and worry about more complex things
Can you post a link to the trigger you are talking about please?

tt diamond with out question the nicest trigger in 40 years I have ever felt . While I went flat blade single stage set 11 oz It took a few dry fires to get used to with what feels zero travel it's hard to describe except amazing lol it really is , what ever trigger you get hope it makes you just as happy as mine has made me .

Last edited:
That trigger
I put this trigger in last night and it feels amazing! I haven't shot it yet but I'm liking it so far. I'm kind of pissed now because I probably have over $1200 in geissele triggers and this $139 trigger might be better. Thanks again man!
That trigger is no comparison to a Geisselle SSA-E

Reactions: Milf Dots
That trigger

That trigger is no comparison to a Geisselle SSA-E
personally, I think once the LaRue hit the streets, the ssa-e became a non factor in triggers. None of the Geisselles I've had were not materially better in construct or feel to warrant price differential imho. I've not tried the X however

Two stage:
Budget- LaRue
Best- Triggertech Primary (I don't do adjustable triggers or gas blocks)

Single Stage:
Velocity flat with finger stop in whatever weight you prefer.