• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Spotters Looking for AB rangefinder/ Bino Recommendations

jkmccoy11

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jul 3, 2011
DFW,TEXAS
I'm looking for something with ab capabilities. Not looking to add a kestrel at this point. Mainly using it for hunting 800 yards and in. Priority on glass quality and ranging ability. What do y'all recommend. I have the kilo 6 k binos but the glass isn't the best. And I still kind of miss having a smaller monocular sometimes but I'm still open to binos as well

If you don’t like the glass on the sig then your only option is the swaro or lieca. I personally prefer the lieca over the swaro. Think the glass is on par but the function of the lrf always works better in the lieca from my experience.

I agree with the above. Swaro and Leica rule the roost for high quality glass. My Steiner M1050r LRF are also comparable in glass, but lack AB.

From there you fall into the Sig/Vortex glass quality range.

I agree with the above. Swaro and Leica rule the roost for high quality glass. My Steiner M1050r LRF are also comparable in glass, but lack AB.

From there you fall into the Sig/Vortex glass quality range.
You make a good point. I don't guess I have to have AB. But definitely want good glass and a good rangefinder. Ab would be nice though

Have you tried looking through the sig 10k? Pretty nice glass and the best processor/laser of them all.

I have not looked at the 6 k. Kind of wanting to stay away from sig. Don't like their short warranty

10k probably have the same glass. I had the 3k and it seems similar to my 10K. Not great but just fine for the intended function of ranging really quickly and far away while giving AB dope. Pairs well with Kestrel also. If you’re glassing all day for elk or sheep then Leica are probably the second choice if you also consider ranging performance and Kestrel compatibility. I’ve read they’ve improved considerably with pairing to the Kestrel, which was formerly riddled with problems.

I would suggest waiting until early summer before buying anything. Then revisiting the subject. Some new models are about to drop. I won't say with who. But some very good glass is coming.
Also have heard the little birdie. Seems like it’s a Q3 thing from what I heard and that the glass will be nice!

a 15x bino with good glass, LRF and AB and maybe a mil reticle for spotting would be killer for the PRS shooters

Reactions: lead ƒarmer
a 15x bino with good glass, LRF and AB and maybe a mil reticle for spotting would be killer for the PRS shooters
Problem with 15X and LRF is stabilization. The problem with mechanical/gyro stabilization is fragility. You drop it, you killed it. Its an engineering complexity currently being worked on though. You can stabilize digitally but that means where your view and where the laser are might not line up. Ah the joys of making things work.

Reactions: giumau1
I would suggest waiting until early summer before buying anything. Then revisiting the subject. Some new models are about to drop. I won't say with who. But some very good glass is coming.
Isn’t that always the case though? I just bought Geovid pro’s now there’s a pro+ can’t win.

Problem with 15X and LRF is stabilization. The problem with mechanical/gyro stabilization is fragility. You drop it, you killed it. Its an engineering complexity currently being worked on though. You can stabilize digitally but that means where your view and where the laser are might not line up. Ah the joys of making things work.
Thank you sir, great lesson.

Reactions: DocUSMCRetired
I have the 8x32 Swaro EL Range. While I do wish it had AB, I was simply able to fudge the data in the SWARO app to match my AB. It holds to the tenth mil at least out to 1100y or so which is the furthest I have tested.
For me, I wanted one set to be both binos and a LRF (read: really nice glass) and the Swaros for sure do both very well.
There is a choice to be made on bino LRF's and I felt the glass of the Swaro was worth a little extra headache to get things matched up. Once up and running, they are exceptional. YMMV.