• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Looking for an answer to a DBM and stock question.

daveog

Private
Minuteman
Mar 18, 2010
St. Louis, MO
Ok, so here's the situation: I got an incredible deal on a McMillan A5 stock for a 700LA with the thumbwheel cheek piece and spacer system for my Remington 700P 338 Lapua. The only problem is it is inletted for Badger M5 bottom metal. Now, I hear the Badger bottom metal is great, but I want to be able to hand load longer than the 3.65" that the AI magazines allow.

I'm looking for bottom metal that will allow greater COAL and fit relatively well into the inlet. I understand there will not likely be a direct drop in, but I don't mind slight stock modifications. Talking to Wyatt's, it sounds like their DBM is very similar to the dimensions of the Badger, just sharper radii at the corners.

Does anyone have any experience with this and can give me a good, quick answer? I need to order something soon.

Thanks.

Re: Looking for an answer to a DBM and stock question.

take a look at seekins precision their mag is 3.93 inside the mag, i am sure a competent smith can get it in your stock easily.