• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Looking for an economic optic option for my EBR!!

Ianski

Sergeant
Minuteman
Apr 15, 2010
Parker, CO
Been working on my EBR for a while and now that i finally got to the point of getting an optic i have a very low budget. with a National Match full length heavy barrel, I'm looking to get something in the 4-14ish range. I haven't thrown out the idea of a fixed power, just don't know if 10x is going to be enough.

I've been told by a number of people to give the millet 4-16x TRS a try, but i can't find any reviews relating to it's ability to take the semi-auto abuse of my M1A.

heard lots of recommendations for the fixed 10x SWFA SS's

just looking for advice and suggestions
smile.gif

Re: Looking for an economic optic option for my EBR!!

I think the SS is a very nice choice if you're looking for a fixed power scope. If you're looking for a variable...and one with a little more on the top end...I would highly recommend looking at the Vortex Viper. One of our sponsors here...Cameraland has a 6.5-20x with a 44mm front objective on sale for $279.99 ( V-Plex.) I have one of these scopes with a 50mm front objective on an AR...and it's a great little scope.

This must be very popular...just checked and see they are sold out until the end of april. I would still recommend this scope...or perhaps you can find a used one? Here's what's on the Cameraland website:

Price: $279.99
V-Plex Wide Available
Temporarily Sold Out until the end of April
Accepting Orders for delivery as soon as that shipment arrives

Wayne

very little time with my new burris MTAC. so far,like it a lot.

Shoot with the irons until you figure out exactly what you want and save up for the best you can afford.

Check MidwayUSA for reviews on the TRS. There are over 40 reviews there. I don't remember an M1A specifically, but I'm certain there are semi-autos and some heavy recoiling rifles represented in the group. For what it's worth, the vast majority of the reviewers gave the scope a 5-star rating.

HRF