• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Looking for an optic for a 16” 9mm - need some options.

TicTacTex

Buyer of More Ammo
Supporter
Minuteman
Jun 14, 2020
Republic of Texas
Picked up a Ruger PC9 with a 16” barrel. It’ll just be home defense/truck gun, but would like the ability to reach out to 100 yards or so with it.
Honestly it could be done with irons, I know, but I’m wanting a 1x or 2x prism optic, preferably with an illuminated reticle.

I’m not a fan of red dots, and don’t think I want a holographic sight, but if I find the right one I might go that route. I like the Vortex UH1, but my gut tells me not to depend on a battery to be able to make a shot when it counts.
Something along the lines of the Primary Arms 1x prism sight seems to fit the bill ok, but thought I’d ask for some other options I might be overlooking, or just a reality check on what optic makes sense for this firearm.

Fire away.

Honestly, for that rifle and cartridge, a holo sight is kind of what's perfect suited for it. It's not a precision gun, or LR rig... 100 yards is kind of pushing it for 9mm.

This 1x prism sight has a 9mm BDC reticle in it, so it might be perfect for your rig...

Reactions: BCP and TicTacTex
I have a S&W M&P FPC and am also looking for an optic. Though I will likely go with an Aimpoint Micro H2 or maybe an Eotech EXPS2. The Eotech may be my preference though it's a little bulky compared to the former. I doubt this helps you, but I thought I'd throw it out there.

Reactions: TicTacTex
I have a Holosun red dot on mine. Shake awake, solar panel. It lives in the 4 wheeler for pest control. Works fine. Battery hasn’t been an issue for me.

I have had the PA 3x prism on a 223 bolt gun for a while. It’s useful and hasn’t given me any trouble. The 1x might be interesting.

Reactions: TicTacTex and FuhQ
Holosun 510C and a 3x magnifier. Works very well, but even at 100, you're kinda spraying and praying.

Reactions: FuhQ
Not sure if anyone else makes a prism sight with a reticle for 9mm? I haven't come across any.

I might give this one a shot.

I'm sure it's made in china. Was hoping to find something not made there, but that's almost impossible.

Not sure if anyone else makes a prism sight with a reticle for 9mm? I haven't come across any.

I might give this one a shot.

I'm sure it's made in china. Was hoping to find something not made there, but that's almost impossible.
It most likely is, but the Primary Arms brand optics are actually really good for the money. They're actually on this site. @Primary Arms So, i'm sure if you had an issue, they'd be very easy to contact.

And if I'm not mistaken, I thought I remembered reading one time that they do not "batch test" QA/QC their scopes, they actually inspect every single optic that gets put on their shelves (in Texas), from the manufacturer...Wherever they might be from. If so, that's pretty impressive. Usually only a few of the big name top-tier scope makers go that far with QC.

I have 2 of their SLx 1-10x28 ACSS Griffin M10S (true MIL reticle, not a BDC) LPVO scopes, and that are both phenomenal for the money. I bought one out of curiosity, and liked it so much I bought a 2nd one. I think they're made in China, but they're solid. I wouldn't worry too much about it being made in China. Mine is just an extremely small and limited experience, and I have a few buddies with China made Primary Arms prism optics, and they're actually nicer glass that some of my older (1st Gen) Vortex Spitfire 3x Prism scopes. They're built nearly identical to each other, but the PA scope seems to have slightly better glass than the Vortex. That said, my new 2nd Gen Spitfire 5x scopes are VERY nice glass for the money. I think PSA might still have those on sale for $199 ($499 MSRP). For that price, I bought a spare one a few weeks ago that's still sealed in the plastic. I'm sure I'll end up building something to put it on, or swapping out one of my old 3x Spitfires for it.

Reactions: TicTacTex