• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Looking for an optic with reticle similar to Elcan Spectre DR or SAI

clubmanager

Private
Minuteman
Jul 12, 2017
Northwest Arkansas
I don't get to shoot much and am crap at guessing distances (see my golf game) so really like the reticle in the Elcan where one has BDC but also a ranging reticle (might have a different name?) so as to avoid needing laser distancing. I'm sure that MIL/MOA and others will likely be more precise but I'm looking for a quick-study, easy to use reticle for a SR25 APR 20" in 308 that will see use mainly out to 500yards or less. Mag range something like 3-16x? Illuminated and preferably FFP as well.

Any other options? I see Leupold has as CMR reticle with BDC but I don't think it has the other bits I want.

Any of the good mil reticles will have ranging, but not necessarily BDC. NF Mil-C and Mil-R come to mind, as does the MSR-2 reticle. On the other hand, Vortex Razor Gen II HD 1-6x has a BDC, but is MOA, so ranging is not so good. ACOG comes to mind, but it is fixed and generally 4x. That is why the Elcan is what it is.

Reactions: clubmanager