• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Looking for Badger Unimount Review

Astrohog

Private
Minuteman
Apr 8, 2012
Constableville, NY
I tried searching for a review on the badger unimount. I need a mount for a bushnell xrs on an AI AE, and was curious how well they are built.

I still have the standard rail on the AE, and from what I have seen on the forums the Spuhr and the Aadmount are not compatible. I know I can go with an aftermarket rail and then use the the mounts above but now I am in the 4-500+ dollar range for a mounting system.

I don't (think) I need the options on the Spuhr, so if the badger would be strong enough to take some abuse I will go with that mount.

This setup may also spend some time on an Mega MKM. Thus the reason for a one piece mount.

Thank you in advance!

Levi

Last edited:
It's badger therefor it's built like a brick shithouse. Any time you're looking at mount companies like Badger, Spuhr, Nightforce, Seekins, etc you really don't need to worry about how it's built, only if its right for your application.

With an AE you want a little higher mount than on a typical bolt gun so keep that in mind. I learned that running 1.0" high rings on mine. It physically cleared the 50mm NF with plenty of room but the cheek piece was all the way down and had to smash my cheek into the stock. IMO you want a 1.25" high mount or more so the 1.3 or 1.49 would be ideal.

I'd say it's perfect for your application, you could also go with the NF Unimount although it may put the scope too far forward. I'd also look into the Spuhr more, perhaps call mile high because I know I've seen pictures of AE's with Spuhr mount so there has to be a way to do it.

I just sold a Badger 30mm 20moa Unimount... needed a 34mm. It's First Class piece of kit and should work perfectly in your application. The height is about 1.3"

They're an outstanding piece of gear. I have one with a Leupold Mark 6 in it on an AR. Lightweight but very robust.

Do the ADM mounts compare to the Badgers? I don't really need the QD, but if there is little to no difference then I will go with the ADM. I did see a review (8541 Tactical) that the ADM will not return to zero, but there are zero reviews on the Badgers Return to Zero.

Also, looking at the images of the mounts the Badger seems to be a little more stout, but there is a seems to be a larger bearing surface on the ADM. Any Thoughts?

Stupid Question: Why do reviewers not check the RTZ on non-QD mounts? Is the RTZ on non-QD mounts not an issue, or do they assume that since its not QD then you will have time/ability to re-zero the rifle?

Levi

Go with the Badger. Marty stands behind his products 100%. If its good enough for the USMC than you can break it. I have an extra in the for sale section if your interested.

The xrs is 34mm the one you have is 30mm. So that one won't work. Thanks for the info anyway.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Everything Badger is Top Notch... they were the originals who set the standard.

I have a unimount and it's excellent. You will never go wrong picking a Badger Product