• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Sidearms & Scatterguns Looking for brass for 1918 Webley MK VI

Spicerack

Misanthropic Ginger
Minuteman
Dec 6, 2013
Green Bay, WI
Good evening all,

*Not sure if these belongs in Vintage section, PX, or here; so please move if needed. Thanks!*
I was fortunate to have the opportunity to own a Webley MK VI with an uncut cylinder. For those that don't know, these are WWI era guns and from what I understand most of the imports to the US had the rear of the cylinders shaved so there was clearance between the cylinder and the frame to use moon clips in order to use 45ACP. Since mine is unmodified, I need to use the original .455 Webley cartridge. It came with 50 pieces of Hornady MKII brass which I am loading very light to get the most life out of it and the revolver, but does anyone have any leads on where I can get some more brass for this old, sweet shooting war horse? I found some at Reed's Ammo (bad reviews on business with them, along with incomplete and just an odd looking website:: https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php/topics/6433363/Re_Don_t_shop_at_Reeds_Ammo) and another place, Buffalo Arms, that had poor reviews on their Webley brass stating rims ripping off during resizing. Any help is welcome, and I will pay a fair price if any of you have some decent Webley brass that you are willing to part with.

Semper Fidelis,
Aaron

Thanks Packratt.... I've been looking on and off at the usual suspects like Midway and never have seen it ok to order. So either I have bad luck or it's not available. But if anyone sees it as available to order please let me know.

I've done business with Reeds on subcaliber stuff. They are great to work with. A little quirky, but wouldn't you be if you were selling brass for 0.10 caliber rounds? They are a fine company.

Check Old Western Scrounger if still in business.

I am assuming this is a .455, BTW???? Neat gun and congrats! I have a nice Webley .38 and it is a just a hoot to shoot.

Cheers,

Sirhr

I was checking OWS for him when I found the parker hale stocks. Looks like their selection has decreased since I last checked them out.

Since I have the time and inclination, I am going to try machining 45LC brass in a small lathe until I can find some factory stuff. Wish me luck!