• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Looking for compact binoculars with a reticle.

Beaker

Private
Minuteman
Jul 1, 2010
Suburbia, Colorado
This weekend my Steiners had an unfortunate accident. I was dumb enough to leave them on the roof of the truck and drove off. I would like to find a compact 8x30ish pair with the reticle that dosen't break the bank. Any other options out there?
Before it is said yes, I have learned my lesson. It was painful and will be remembered.

Re: Looking for compact binoculars with a reticle.

I believe Vortex has a set.

Plus I am pretty sure that the Vortex warranty would have covered your little mishap. That's one of the reasons I use a set of Diamondbacks for work.

Vortex covers user stupidity? Wow, I will check those out! Thanks for the tip.

The Vortex Warranty:

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Repair or replace your Vortex product for any reason at NO CHARGE TO YOU. It doesn't matter how it happened, whose fault it was, or where you purchased it.</div></div>

http://www.vortexoptics.com/content/vip_warranty

Wow that Solo 8x36 looks rocking as well!!! Anybody used one and found the 1MIL hashes suffecient to accuratly range with at that low of a power? Or is the .5MIL of the binoculars worth the extra weight and cost?

I would select the binos or monocular based on optical needs. Either one should be accurate for ranging.

I don't have any experience with the Solo or the Vipers, but I have used a standard mildot reticle in a 10x optic to range accurately for quite awhile. However I do prefer the GAP reticle in my current rifle scope.