• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Night Vision Looking for day optic clip on options

tthompson_21

Private
Minuteman
Mar 30, 2011
Springfield MO
Looking for something to go in front of a Bushnell HDMR, I would like to keep the bill under $6000. If funds were available, the PVS 22 would be a no brainer, but here we are...im sure there are several options out there, just looking for some firsthand recommendations.

When the wasp hits the ground that'd be in your price range. But honestly your not gonna get the full effect out of it by using a bushnell. I'm sure a lot of people will agree.

Jay

The wasp has definitely got my attention, I guess we will see if I have the patience to wait for its release... I'm not going to pretend to be some sort of optical savant, but if this device outperforms the capability of the HDMR at that price point I will be beyond pleased.

Would you get the full effect out of a Bushnell ERS or would the PVS-22 be a better option/higher resolution than the WASP unit?

Would you get the full effect out of a Bushnell ERS or would the PVS-22 be a better option/higher resolution than the WASP unit?

The quality of your scope makes a big difference in brightness and resolution on a clip on. You are limited by your scope. Lets just say you take a WASP and look through it with a simmons 3-9x40 and the picture is not good. Then you take a mil spec pvs-22 and look through it with the same simmons 3-9x40 I doubt you even notice the difference between the two clip on units.

Now if you used a S&B, premier ect. Then you would get the full effect and would be able to get what you paid for out of your clip on.

The WASP is supposed to be awesome but the pvs22 is still supposed to be better at higher x. As far as clarity and all the fine details I have no idea, only victor and his crew know all that.

I run a KAC UNS LR/LP (PVS-26) probably one of the best clip ons out. I also use an HDMR on my SR25 EMC because its so compact. I've used S&Bs and compared the two side by side. I am sure there's a difference but the S&B was almost 5K and I only spent 1K on the HDMR. I couldn't tell. I am sure if the Clip on is not great then a fine scope will make it a little better but when you have a super clear clip on a mid range scope works great. I can buy 4 more HDMR for what my buddy paid for his S&B!!