• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Looking for Excel help in plotting avg velocity w/ error bars.

Wheres-Waldo

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Nov 2, 2008
Unknown
Preface: Is this even possible in Excel online?

Looking for a premade spreadsheet or help formatting a spreadsheet to plot avg velocity on y-axis vs. charge weight on x-axis and add in error bars representing either stdev or extreme spread (figured out how to format that).

I'm not sure if its possible to incorporate error bars on the online version of Excel, as highlighting the graph does not give the option to incorporate error bars.

Thanks in advance!

Why did the 6.5 guys site stop?
Looks like it was going good, then?

I went thru some similar pains trying to create error bars in Google Sheets (spoiler alert: you can't, unless they've added that feature recently / since I post this). What I ended up doing was kind of cheating, by plotting each velocity for each charge weight as a 'point', but only plotting a *line* for the average MV.

mv_vs_charge.jpg

...which actually worked out pretty slick, actually. Not quite the same as error bars, but it gives a good-enough simulation of the same kind of information.

Or nowadays you can just use ChronoPlotter and it'll do it all up for you nice and neat (y)