• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Looking for Girly Camo and Pretty Guns

deadeye

Sergeant
Minuteman
OK - daughter age 18 is thinking she should build a gun with Dad. The catch is it has to be "girly" looking.

She likes orange things and asked if it could be painted orange - I said anything is possible but I would see what pics I could get from the forums.

Not looking for info on what to build - that's pretty much settled - looking for pics of completed "girl" guns.

Thanks

Re: Looking for Girly Camo and Pretty Guns

hellokitty_ar15assault_2.jpg

i have a stock on order from mcmillan right now for my wife. its 50%black and 50% orange is a nice combe for a rifle.someone has a picture on the hide (i copied theres) i will see if i can find it. i think its in the 223AI picture section...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: deadeye</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
She likes orange things and asked if it could be painted orange - I said anything is possible but I would see what pics I could get from the forums.
</div></div>

While your daughter probably wont know about this and doesn't need to, I would strongly recommend against having orange painted live firearms.

To Range Officers, police officers, et al, orange is a "reserved" color which means that the firearm is designated as either simunition or less than lethal ammunition.

Odds are there will not be a context that this will matter but why take the chance, right?

+1 ^ on the barrel, but I dont see it as an issue with the stock, especially if it it combined with other colors.

Typically if the tip is painted orange it's a designation that the gun isn't a real firearm, but a replica, usually airsoft. While I'm not sure what the standards are on that, it's just something else to be aware of.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Oddball-Six</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: deadeye</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
</div></div>

While your daughter probably wont know about this and doesn't need to, I would strongly recommend against having orange painted live firearms.

To Range Officers, police officers, et al, orange is a "reserved" color which means that the firearm is designated as either simunition or less than lethal ammunition.

Odds are there will not be a context that this will matter but why take the chance, right?</div></div>

nothin wrong with orange.

HiVisfairwarning.jpg

what kind of gun are you going to build ( tactical,bench,hunter etcc..)

thunderbolt - it will be a light weight 7mm-08 with a brake - a deer hunting rifle but hunting on our own property from a big elevated stand (our house)
wink.gif

I had not given thought to the orange "safe gun" aspect. Maybe I can convince her to go orange camo of some sort or if someone posts a picture of something that catches her eye she will change her mind.

DSC_0799.jpg

Here's a benchgun from LSR I picked up for my wife, just to give you and idea on a pink and white marble...

It's on his homepage right on the front, I'm not sure if she's the lucky one or me some days.

sean

055.jpg

Or this one I built her, a 26 inch 7 twist 243 from the guys at Rock Creek Barrels. It's a drill.

I think I did a 60/20/20...

Grape, pink, white.

sean