• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Sidearms & Scatterguns looking for Glock smith to mill slide

ker2222

Minuteman
Sep 3, 2004
Hastings, MN
I am looking for recommendations on pistol smiths to mill a Glock slide for an RMR ....appreciate any help fellas

Second recommendation for ATEi. Whatever you do, avoid Jagerwerks unless you want to wait a long time.

Reactions: camocorvette
There's dozens of them. I've used DP Customs and Slideworks Engineering with complete satisfaction.

Whoever you use make sure they machine a pair of studs at the front of the cutout to engage the two holes at the front of the RMR's base.

Reactions: Tchitcherine
Have two slides at Jaegerworks, have heard nothing but good things but the wait is looong. I was quoted 8-12 weeks. I figure I'll prob get my slides in 4 months or so.

In no particular order

Jaegerwerks
Battlewerx
ATEi
Vulcan Machine Works
Maple Leaf Firearms
Primary Machine
Parker Mountain Machine

Last edited:
Reactions: 308pirate
I’m at week 8 for a simple rmr cut with Jagerwerks. I’m hearing I can expect to wait another 8 weeks.

Glockmeister did mine a few years ago:

i-S6SbhkN.jpg

…installed the suppressor-height sights while they were at it.

i-mV7mdSr.jpg

Rocket city stippling and jagerwerks cuts

Attachments

• 51CADD27-3213-4E23-B610-F3874FBF7BEE.jpeg
    51CADD27-3213-4E23-B610-F3874FBF7BEE.jpeg
    516.1 KB · Views: 121

I’m at week 8 for a simple rmr cut with Jagerwerks. I’m hearing I can expect to wait another 8 weeks.
Slideworks Engineering can turn them around in about 1/4 of that that time

I've used Suarez in the past and was happy with the work:

No idea what their current lead time is running or how the pricing compares to other sources.

Has anyone had a m&p 2.0 done with the loaded round indicator removed? If so where and how did it turn out?

I am looking for recommendations on pistol smiths to mill a Glock slide for an RMR ....appreciate any help fellas
I bought a slide that was already cut keeping the original just that, original.
After a year of switching between the two I decided original suits me better. The slide sold quickly, keep the RMR for your Shotty or AR.

• Haha
Reactions: Drew890
Just got one back from battlewerx today. Machining is great and turnaround time was only 7 days for a slide with no coating.

How much are you guys paying?
When it comes to slide milling, you get what you pay for. Choose an experienced machinist who has been doing pistols slides for many years- a fifty dollar savings may turn out to be a disaster of an irreversible slide modification.

Reactions: Bluedog82