• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

looking for good all around load @ 100yrds (AR-15)

Tactical30

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
May 5, 2009
Eastern Ohio
I'm kinda looking for a good all around load that will shoot in a wide variety of AR-15's.
Im loading up a bulk load for our next shoot and im wondering what load would work good in a wide variety of AR's. I know every rifle is different but trying to find something for the a 1-7 twist and 16" barrel's/ .223 Remington.

I was thinking 77gr. SMK's, WCC or LC Brass, CCI #41 Primers and 24.0gr. of Varget.
I also never had AR that didnt like 62gr. Remington HP Match bullets with 24.0gr. of Benchmark.
I have 5lbs of Varget and bullets from 52gr, 55gr, 62gr, 68gr, 69gr and 77gr with a ton of WCC and LC brass. I have other powders but would like to use up some Varget if possible.

Something that will hold at least 1.5 MOA (if possible) or better.

I would like go hear your opinion on what would be a good "all around load".

Re: looking for good all around load @ 100yrds (AR-15)

I use 69 gr SMKs in LC cases with CCI primers and 23.6gr Varget in my AR.

This is probably the lower accuracy node, cases last forever (almost), good out to 600 yards, my best 10-shot group is 0.82" with this loading in a gun that more typically shoots 2.2" 10-shot groups from Guatemala surplus and 1.5" groups from BH BB 55s.

I shoot the 77's with 25 grains of Varget with Winchester small rifle primers at magazine length and have been extremely happy with this load. 2850 FPS.

You are all over my best results. 24-25 gr varget with 69 or 77 smk's. 1.5 moa shouldn't be a problem

68 gr Hornady with 8208 xbr and Rem cases give me this in RRA Predator Pursuit 1:8. Shot equally as well in my buddies Savage Model 25 1:9 twist Bolt Gun.

240gwiththeHornady68.jpg