• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Looking for handguard suggestions that can fit a .650 JP Thermal Dissipator?

sheepdog697

RegionRat
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Feb 26, 2017
    Cedar Lake, IN
    www.ibew.com
    Hello everyone. I have some parts coming in for an upper i will be assembling soon. The only thing left is basically the handguard. I purchased an 18' jp barrel and headspaced bolt. Order the .650 Long thermal dissipator, and was wondering what options i had for handguards. I have tried multiple searches online with little luck. I anyone running anything besides the JP handguards? Obviously the two JP handguards will work, just seeing what other options i have. I hope to buy a full JP build in the next year or two, and dont want this built upper to look like a complete JP.

Also bought the SLR sentry 9 .936 adjustable gas block. Not sure if that matters on clearance.

Thanks in advance.
    Sheepdog

That Odin O2 looks good. Did you have issues with the handguard flexing? A few negative reviews mentioned the barrel but and handguard being sub par?

Thanks for comment.

Yes... the .936 Adj. GB will have a bearing on your FF tube choices... It is a big GB.

SLR has measurements on their product page... make sure you have ample clearance around the Sentry 9.

You don't want the Adj. GB bonking your FF tube upon firing, from any barrel whip... and the resulting odd less then precise groupings from that.

That Odin O2 looks good. Did you have issues with the handguard flexing? A few negative reviews mentioned the barrel but and handguard being sub par?

Thanks for comment.
    Didnt see your comment about the size gas block but the O2 will fit a thermal dissipator, not sure of gas block.
    Haven't noticed handguard flexing but it's more likely because of the screws that hold it on backing out. That's why they include vibra-tite.