• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Looking for help on AR15 sights

MichaelEber

Private
Minuteman
Oct 9, 2007
Moore, OK
I'm in the process of joining the Arizona Rangers. We do tons of work with the local police and teenagers. One unique aspect of the Rangers is that we are volunteer, we pay for our own uniforms - arms - and ride to our service location, and we do it because we love it not for money.

For my AR15 I have a flat top which has been used for High Power competition with competition sights, bloop tube, tuned trigger, bull barrel, yada yada yada. I want to convert this to a police tactical weapon and was wondering this :

Should I pop on BUIS sights and use the iron sights as my main
-or- should I pop on a red-dot sight

keeping in mind that I need to keep expenses down as low as possible. (You would NOT believe how much a uniform and service belt cost when fully populated!!!!)

Thanks for the help.

Re: Looking for help on AR15 sights

BUIS with a red dot of some sort...lower light situations will not be conducive to irons, nor will high stress and trying to gain a good sight picture. I wouldn't go all fancy ACOG or other stuff unless you can afford it and can justify the cost. A Single point sling for transitioning to your sidearm if necessary wouldn't hurt either.

every red dot can fail,so BUIS ist a must have,to stay on target and survive,ACOGs are hot,but shit for CQB

get something along the lines of an Eotech or Aimpoint and then throw some magpul buis on it.

If you can't afford both a quality red dot and a set of BUIS right away, buy the BUIS now and save your pennies for the red dot optic later. BUIS batteries won't die at the least oppurtune moment!