• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Looking for ideas

aslrookie

Private
Minuteman
Mar 19, 2017
I drew this out a few months ago and then it’s just been sitting. My original thought was a small table, but I’m not very creative. Anyone have ideas for what this could be?

My original thought was to burn the drawing into the wood and then stain and coat.

Attachments

• 34CE6CB3-54C3-4FEB-A874-4D3E1AEEE280.jpeg
    34CE6CB3-54C3-4FEB-A874-4D3E1AEEE280.jpeg
    460.7 KB · Views: 88
Turn it into a large clock? My wife's family had to take down an old barn that was over 100 years old, so I made this for her using a few salvaged boards.
20200512_224204.jpg

Home Depot sells the Ridgid mini router for under a $100 if you don’t already have one, a lot easier to use for projects/finish work then the bigger routers. Take the design down 1/8 of an inch, stain, then fill it with bar top epoxy. If you want it colored places sell a wide array of colored epoxies. Do a test run on scrap wood as air bubbles can be a bee-yotch to get out if you haven’t practiced. Good luck!

Reactions: Ravenworks
Route out the design deep enough to lay led strips on the bottom. Fill over the led strips with a light colored epoxy. Sand with fine grit the epoxy to get it the same height as finished wood surface. Finish the rest of the top as you see fit. You will of course have to drill through the back somewhere to run wires for the leds. That would make a cool table top or wall hanging light.

Reactions: aslrookie
20200513_112834.jpg

This was my first thought. An overlay. I made this in high school and then poured that clear 2 part epoxy over it. Its oak, cherry and walnut.

The clock idea mentioned about could also be cool. Use bullets of different calibers to mark the hours. Say .50BMGs for 3, 6, 9, and 12, then .308s for the rest. Klockit.com has movements and tons of clock parts.

Reactions: acudaowner
I know it’s been a while, but the wife and I made some progress. She likes to do little projects like this as well. My next thought is clear coat it to provide moisture protection.

We were thinking it would make a nice patio table for small things like card games or drinks.

691A90BB-2E9E-4BF7-B090-4C01ED99014C.jpeg

Reactions: Slash0311
the beings of wooden bullets lol your newest invention wood coated lead bullets the wood replaces copper jackets caution could contain termites lol what ever you make or do with your wheel have fun , maybe a shooting bench top , or a new fangled retro wood bike tire . add a switch and it's a disciplining station hang it and it could be a swinging punishment rack of sorts .:love::love::love:
like this but round man round
1597054360418.png

Use it as a wall hanging with a montage of targets that you've shot or pictures of you shooting. Clear coat it and it will be a time capsule for you and your family.