• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Looking for info on new or upcoming Chrono's

hydro556

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Dec 1, 2007
STL, home of the Cardinals.
Did a quick search and didnt show any recent info so I am going to start a thread.

I have always dreaded getting a chrono for my reloading because they seem complex and finicky. When I had to have data I waited until my buddy brought his to the range.

Now I am starting to load for 300 Blk and will be loading supersonic as well as subsonic ammo. This pretty much necessitates my buying a chrono. So what I am trying to determine is whether or not there is any new technology either recently released or about to release? I wont buy one that is considered anything less than very accurate, but I would love something that is super user friendly. Easy to setup and take down, easy to get accurate readings and less finicky than others I have seen.

I'd rather not spend an arm and a leg, but I am a buy once kind of guy. I'd rather pay a little more for something that is well designed and user friendly than save money on something clunky and less accurate.

Do you guys know of anything new or coming soon that I should consider? TIA

Re: Looking for info on new or upcoming Chrono's

This is probably the newest technology. I bought it cause it just made sense and, based on the reviews, both here and elsewhere, I made a good decision. It seems reliable, affordable and easy to use.

http://www.magnetospeed.com/

I have to agree on the magnetospeed. It avoids all of the lighting issues with its predecessors and now that the strap issue has been fixed, its a great deal. You also get to measure velocity at the barrel as oppossed at some distance away leaving less potential for reading variability in setup from one session to the next.

Thanks guys.

I will look into the Magneto. I remember hearing it mentioned awhile back, but never heard anything else so I assumed it was a flop.

Now I found the huge thread here and am just starting to read it. Would be a great solution if it appears to be accurate and gives enough info/data and will work with suppressors.

Hope this will be the one. Love the idea.