• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Maggie’s Looking for info on Vets

CowboyBart

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jun 14, 2007
North West WY
I'm looking for a web site that I can verify service of a perspective business partner. He has a DD-214 but I want to know why his elistment was so short. Is there a site where I can enter his SSN and DOB to get info on his MOS(s)??
Any help would be appriciated.

Re: Looking for info on Vets

To the best of my knowledge no. You could try and do FOIA request but it would take several months if approved. Why not just ask him?

His DD214 states his MOS and all awards and schools attended while enlisted and shows his last unit of assignment. if you want to find out more about his service time; ask him for 3 references of people he worked for in the military so you can call his last unit assigned and ask to speak to his last NCOIC or Commander.

Ohh... if he was in the army and has more then three years he should have a good conduct metal for every three years of services... if he has no good conduct metal he screwed up at some point in his career.

Just look at the 214 anything to cause a short enlistment/discharge will be there in print, Med, Bad Conduct, General or Honorable. You want Honorable first, Med second depending your needs, General last. If a B/C, pass.

FOIA will give you squat w/o his OK, but all things can be back door'ed. Things that flag are missing dates, unless TDY to others, short APO dates, stockade, (which will show up as lost time)ect.

Nothing TDY or in his 201 will be there, depending ETS date. Some qual's depending MOS may or may not be listed, here again depending ETS date.

Everything will come out in a face to face, with the right interviewer. It would pay you to have it done if your on the fence, big money, or if company check signing is going to happen with him.

Also, ask him if the 214 that your looking at is his only one. If he ever re-upped or was recalled he'll have more than one 214 or that's the way it used to be. If he shows you a re-called 214 it may show short dates depending MOS an APO but, prior 214 codes will be there.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: CowboyBart</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'm looking for a web site that I can verify service of a perspective business partner. He has a DD-214 but I want to know why his elistment was so short. Is there a site where I can enter his SSN and DOB to get info on his MOS(s)??
Any help would be appriciated. </div></div>

I'm surprised he would show you his DD-214 at all. The only time mine has seen light in the last handful of years has been for my CCW and plates.