• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Looking for input on purchasing a chronograph

Jpso Sniper

Sergeant
Minuteman
Sep 30, 2006
River ridge, La
Like title says i am interested in purchasing a chronograph.

(yes i searched. The only results i was able to locate were for the Magneto and have printed the Magneto review. )

I would like to know you guys opinion on the best chronograph. I would like one that will measure rifle and pistol.

Thanks in advance for your assistance and time

Re: Looking for input on purchasing a chronograph

Oehler 35P w/ printer if you don't want the Magneto.

The Oehler will be easier to use on both rifle and pistol I'd guess, just due to the design and not having to try and strap the thing to a semi auto.

I have the Competition Electronics Pro Chrono with computer interface (note the "Pal" version does not have any remote capabilities and is only $30 cheaper than the "Pro" version). Was all plug and play and can just see the data for each shot on my laptop. I set it next to me while shooting prone at the range. I have not heard good things about the Shooting Chrony systems but have no experience with them. Btw, I have a CE "Pal" that I will sell cheap if you do not need remote capabilities.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: littlecalm</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I have the Competition Electronics Pro Chrono with computer interface (note the "Pal" version does not have any remote capabilities and is only $30 cheaper than the "Pro" version). Was all plug and play and can just see the data for each shot on my laptop. I set it next to me while shooting prone at the range. I have not heard good things about the Shooting Chrony systems but have no experience with them. Btw, I have a CE "Pal" that I will sell cheap if you do not need remote capabilities.</div></div>

I have this chronograph and really like it. It's accurate and operates very well in different conditions. It's American made as well.

Have an Oehler 35P. Bought it after a bunch of research. Works great.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: USMC mustang</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: littlecalm</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I have the Competition Electronics Pro Chrono with computer interface (note the "Pal" version does not have any remote capabilities and is only $30 cheaper than the "Pro" version). Was all plug and play and can just see the data for each shot on my laptop. I set it next to me while shooting prone at the range. I have not heard good things about the Shooting Chrony systems but have no experience with them. Btw, I have a CE "Pal" that I will sell cheap if you do not need remote capabilities.</div></div>

I have this chronograph and really like it. It's accurate and operates very well in different conditions. It's American made as well. </div></div>

+1 for the CE Pro Chrono. $100 shipped from Eders.com and works well.

eta: looks like I got the PAL version btw.

CED M2 with the Infrared Screens and battery pack. Around $350 for the whole setup but it works well.

I have the CED M2 and it's been old faithful. I now have a Magneto that I need to test, but so far it seems to be promising. The only downside is on pistols.
frown.gif