• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Training Courses Looking for LE Sniper school

taseal

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Apr 18, 2011
SE FL
Does anyone know of any sniper schools that is coming up soon?

My dept is willing to send me, but I have been unable to find one. preferably in FL... (I don't think they'll pay out of state unless I cover some fees, which I can't do)

if anyone has some info, let me know.

I looked in Palm Beach County, and I think Santa Fe college, but couldn't find anything =/

it has to be LE sanctioned, for FDLE. can't be a civilian sniper school afaik.

Hathcock Sniper School aka Tactical marksmanship training of America does a class in Orange county (Orlando) once a year so check the website to see when it is. This is one of if not THE best LE sniper school to go to and it is only offered to Snipers assigned to a Tactical team. It is two weeks long, no days off, and a mandatory 100% qual the last day to get your piece of the rock. I went in 2007 and loved it! My plaque is one of my prized possessions. Other than that check out the Florida SWAT Association (FSA) website and see if they are offering any schools. The ones FSA offers are only a few days long.

Last edited:
My training company, Lightning Tactical LLC, is offering a course in Wisconsin September 16th-20th. I know that doesn't help you much in FL but I thought I would toss that out to you. It is always good to train with out of state operators. I recently learned that the FBI offers free sniper instruction out of the Chicago FO. You may want to check with your FBI FO and see if anything is down in your area. I've heard positive and negative about the courses through the FBI and have not attended one myself. If your agency is like mine, free is good. Check Snipercrafts website as well. They are located in Florida. I recently attended their In-service Instructor Course. It was good, and the courses are geared towards LE Snipers. Good luck finding a school.

Re: Snipercraft, they have 2 basic schools coming up in FL. One in Clewiston (sp?) in October and the other is at Kennedy Space Ctr PD around September I think. Home for dates & contact info. Both hosted by LE.

Does anyone know of any sniper schools that is coming up soon?

My dept is willing to send me, but I have been unable to find one. preferably in FL... (I don't think they'll pay out of state unless I cover some fees, which I can't do)

if anyone has some info, let me know.

I looked in Palm Beach County, and I think Santa Fe college, but couldn't find anything =/

it has to be LE sanctioned, for FDLE. can't be a civilian sniper school afaik.

I've been to the SniperCraft school. It's pretty good ground up fundamentals school. Derrick knows what he's talking about in regards to LE applications for snipers. He is based out of Florida. He travels around a good bit teaching at other host agencies. Here is a link to their online calendar.

Our mission

Make sure you have your PT up to snuff, otherwise you'll be smoked during some of the exercises.