• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Looking for load info for Data 2200 in 300 BLK

Kimberkid

Private
Minuteman
Jul 30, 2014
This is my first post ... this is what brought me here

1. I reload for 223 & 308 (as well as a bunch of other caliber's but these are the important ones for this discussion)
2. I've got 2 kegs of Data 2200
3. I've got about 3,000 147 grain bullets
4. I've been wanting an AR in 300BLK

Sounds like a great combination doesn't it?

I'm wanting to load some range fodder. I've seen load data on this powder for everything from 40 grain .223's to 7.62X39 and .308 up to 150 grain bullets but I haven't been able to find anything, not even a starting point for this powder for the 300BLK.

Any help out there?

Damn KK, I looked high and low to try to find some data for you on this, but came up with nothing. If I do find anything, I'll let you know.
Thanks for the effort! If I find anything I'll post it here as well ...

Well I've got 900 Lake City cases in loading trays and ready to be transformed into 300BLK cases, primer pockets swaged and flash-holes uniform & de-burred :)

image-2.jpg

I'm still waiting on my cut off tool from Harbor Freight, it should be here Tuesday ... the upper won't be here until Monday, and my dies hopefully today or tomorrow.

In the mean time I cut off a case with a tubing cutter and got my case trimmer set up to 1.368" for the big workout.

I also checked to see how much Data 2200 powder would fit in the case with a 147 bullet given that the maximum cartridge length is 2.2598" ... and it looks like it will hold about 21.5 grains max without compressing, but unless I can find some load data, and a safe starting point, I'll probably start around 15-16 grains ... Then tie the gun to a tree and a string to the trigger :p

Again, if anyone has info on a load for the 300BLK & Data 2200 powder, please share your knowledge!

Bump ...

I've finally gottten all my stuff together in one place ... and have the time to work on it and since I've not heard from anyone about a safe starting point I guess I'll proceed with a low powder charge and hope I don't get a projectile stuck in the bore!

Call AA and ask. They are very nice folks. I can't find data on their site with this powder.
I've called several times and the first several times I got a "all circuits are busy" message then I got through to voice mail and have yet to get a call back ... today I sent an email through their system, I'll see if I get a response that way.

Edit

I got an email back from Don ... He said it's too slow of a powder and wouldn't have enough case capacity ... so I guess I'll not spin my wheels on it. A couple people have told me it wouldn't work but I guess I've gotten kind of jaded listening to internet experts when they say that's no good and this is the only thing that will ... and I've heard that a few times while asking about load data with this powder / cartridge combination.

Last edited: