• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Looking for lwrc gas block or barrel

Danrobberg

Lance Criminal
Supporter
Minuteman
May 31, 2017
Lwrc wants a fortune for a rebarrel and they don’t sell gas blocks as a separate part. I have an spr piston upper but would really like to get an ic-e or a5 barrel or gas block so I can use the adjustable gas block when shooting suppressed. Does anyone know of any place that I might find one or both of those items or is my best bet trying the px here with a want to buy add or ponying up and paying the 600 to have lwrc do the rebarrel?

What is the rifle you propose to have them re-barrel? Six hundred to re-barrel a rifle, by the original manufacturer, that seems very reasonable.

What was the initial price of this rifle and what is it worth to you to get it back in service and in the way you want it? I believe $600 seems quite reasonable when you think of it in those terms.

Reactions: NarMan
600 just to end up with a different gas block is very pricey. They don’t swap gas blocks even though they could so that’s why I would need to buy a whole new barrel and gas block assembly.

Are their barrels and gas blocks proprietary? If not, why can't you just install the gas block of your choice?

Have you considered the length of your existing handguard and clearance/access to the A5 piston adjustment knob, or did that $600 include a new rail?

New rail was an additional 300. I have access to a mill so I could very cleanly remove material from the existing rail for enough clearance for the gas block

New rail was an additional 300. I have access to a mill so I could very cleanly remove material from the existing rail for enough clearance for the gas block
They quoted me 710 for a new 14.7 barrel gas adj. gas block and top part of my rail since I’m running a 16” spr barrel with no gas block

I feel it’s not a bad price for what you get

maybe just sell the non-adjustable upper for $1000 and get the upper you want? seems like people are running out of disposable income for gun related stuff a little bit though.

although uppers are $2000 i think. so $600 and your parts back isnt all that bad. someone would buy that.

what upper do you have? i might interested depending on its pedigree

Last edited:
maybe just sell the non-adjustable upper for $1000 and get the upper you want? seems like people are running out of disposable income for gun related stuff a little bit though.

what upper do you have? i might interested depending on its pedigree
You can’t get a 14.7 spr upper for anywhere near 1000 cheaper to have them swap barrels

Unless they are half off somewhere

Attachments

• IMG_3604.png
    IMG_3604.png
    278.3 KB · Views: 23
You can’t get a 14.7 spr upper for anywhere near 1000 cheaper to have them swap barrels

ya...i forgot LWRC gets so much for those. there was a local home based FFL here that was selling whole rifle IC-A5's for $1900 a few months back. pretty good deal there.

Mine is the m6 spr mod 2 older model but runs awesome I just want the 14.7 since I run suppressed

Mine is the m6 spr mod 2 older model but runs awesome I just want the 14.7 since I run suppressed

i have a IC-A5, it was alot over gassed so i had a machinist buddy punch out the gas vent holes and add 3 extra in the piston cup. it dropped the impulse quite a bit. i was even able to drop down to a standard weight carbine buffer and still get reliable lock back with 223 pressure ammo.

I have a di upper. I wanted this one to run suppressed. I’m sure it will run fine with a heavy buddy but I just wanted the adjustable gas block. I got the upper on sale direct from lwrc. They had 1 or 2 crabby uppers they are called. It has a small blem on the top rail. It’s purely cosmetic and I didn’t even notice it at first. It was too good of a deal to pass up.

I have a di upper. I wanted this one to run suppressed. I’m sure it will run fine with a heavy buddy but I just wanted the adjustable gas block. I got the upper on sale direct from lwrc. They had 1 or 2 crabby uppers they are called. It has a small blem on the top rail. It’s purely cosmetic and I didn’t even notice it at first. It was too good of a deal to pass up.
It will run great I have 2 di 16” and they both love the 69-77gr fgmm