• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Looking for: M700 SPS Stainless Varmint in .308

iShoot17

Sergeant
Minuteman
Mar 16, 2011
Pittsburgh, PA
Hey everyone!

Knowing that you guys probably know every shooting website ever created, someone may have some leads. I am looking for a Remington Model 700 SPS Stainless Varmint in .308 to match my .22-250. The only place I can find these are at Cabela's and that really just isn't convenient right now. Anyone know where I can find one online, or through a LGS?

I have done some web searching but can't find any other than the Stainless Fluted and that is not what I am looking for!
~I have heard rumor that these were a special run for Cabela's and if this is the case, I will just suck it up!

Thanks in advance!

iShoot

Re: Looking for: M700 SPS Stainless Varmint in .308

Well I don't know that you will be able to find one unless you get a fluted model. The none fluted was earlier model or like you said it was a Cabelas special that might not come back.

Aron-

winxp: I wasn't sure if it was a special or not! I really hope it wasn't, but even if it was, I may just have to suck it up and go to a Cabela's.

rez: I have purchased from both before! They were the first two sites I checked out. I also looked at auctionarms, ebang, and gunsamerica with no luck.

Try calling Remington to see if they can tell you anything about the rifle. I'm still leaning on its a Cabelas rifle. I have looked at my 2009 firearm firearm blue-book and there is not mention of it expect in the older VS series that are no longer in production. This is a Sendero case where the new stuff only come in fluted.

Aron-

Well thank you winxp! I will get ahold of Remington and Cabela's and figure it out. Thanks for the help everyone!

iShoot,
If you are unsuccessful in your quest, you might consider the 5R, which will cost more initially but perhaps not in the end.