• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Looking for Maine connections...

Dr. Davy Jones

After those 1st round hits
Minuteman
Apr 21, 2020
Maine
Hey all,
Not new to the site but thought this would be a good place to post. I’m wondering how many long range enthusiasts we have up here in the great state of Maine. Would love to find some new contacts up this way. Thanks!

Reactions: Holliday
My wife and I are currently looking for property in arrostook county. We love Maine and frankly can't take the stuff we deal with in NY anymore. Maine is really the "way life should be." Although I have been to Maine a bunch of times it seemed that most folks were more into hunting than "tactical long range stuff." What is your experience as a Mainer?
Is there anywhere to shoot out to say 1000 ? I ask because I am specifically looking for property to build out into a range facility. Any feedback would be appreciated . Thanks !

Reactions: Dr. Davy Jones
Maine is run by a small cabal of communists in Portland.

The Pingree family is all mighty and powerful.

Hopefully LePage will come back and his common sense will infect the NE after a second injection.

Portland Maine does have some of the most amazing restaurants anywhere I will say though.

Great mil Museum in S. Portland also. Owner is a great American. Speaking with him is a faith restoring experience. He was in his 80s when I met him couple years ago, looked like he was late 60s early 70s. I hope he is well.

My wife and I are currently looking for property in arrostook county. We love Maine and frankly can't take the stuff we deal with in NY anymore. Maine is really the "way life should be." Although I have been to Maine a bunch of times it seemed that most folks were more into hunting than "tactical long range stuff." What is your experience as a Mainer?
Is there anywhere to shoot out to say 1000 ? I ask because I am specifically looking for property to build out into a range facility. Any feedback would be appreciated . Thanks !
Oh nice! Yeah I grew up here and then moved to Philly for 8 years but I’ve been back for a few now. I love it. Yes, you are 100% right on the hunting > long range tactical in Maine. It’s a challenge to find property anywhere with 1000 yds unobstructed by trees. That said, Aroostook county might be a good place to find that with the flatter terrain and all the potato fields. You should build a range facility! I had the thought to do it too but definitely not in the cards now. I have a couple public land places I’ve found with longish open land but no formal ranges over 600 that I know of.
Hope you can move up!

Maine is run by a small cabal of communists in Portland.

The Pingree family is all mighty and powerful.

Hopefully LePage will come back and his common sense will infect the NE after a second injection.

Portland Maine does have some of the most amazing restaurants anywhere I will say though.

Great mil Museum in S. Portland also. Owner is a great American. Speaking with him is a faith restoring experience. He was in his 80s when I met him couple years ago, looked like he was late 60s early 70s. I hope he is well.

OP is looking to shoot long range and this is your response? Super helpful dude. Maybe just stay in MA and keep your opinions about Maine to yourself.

• Haha
OP is looking to shoot long range and this is your response? Super helpful dude. Maybe just stay in MA and keep your opinions about Maine to yourself.

Oh look one of the Pingrees showed up.......

but yes Im probably letting my disgust at how shut down Maine is by the Communists cloud my judgement.

OP Sig Sauer Academy is across the bridge and a short trip up 101 in Epping NH.

They offer training and 1000 yards.

Its not Maine but its not Alaska distance either.

Last edited:
Oh look one of the Pingrees showed up.......

but yes Im probably letting my disgust at how shut down Maine is by the Communists cloud my judgement.

OP Sig Sauer Academy is across the bridge and a short trip up 101 in Epping NH.

They offer training and 1000 yards.

Its noy Maine but its not Alaska distance either.
Haha, thanks- I didn’t know that existed. Certainly sounds worth a trip.

Haha, thanks- I didn’t know that existed. Certainly sounds worth a trip.

Its a good time.

Im headed there on the 29th for a pistol class and have classes booked 1 a quarter through 2021.

I think Lowlights style classes give the student a bit more 1 on 1 and maybe they extend the instruction a bit but Sig follows a good basic doctrine and has good facilities.

They support the shooter well also. Just about any gear you need they will provide for free as long as its not an expendable item, that includes a rifle scope, mats, ear pro, squeeze bag, use the instructors spotter - ammo and clothing you pay for.

Their Reach for 1000 class is intended for someone that has a good idea of how to make hits to 600 yards than they provide the distance and coaching to get data out to 1000. There is not a lot of instruction and those that struggle seem to get the instructors time while everyone else just shoots.

I think they price Reach for 1000 higher due to demand.

I like the Skill Builder class better and its cheaper. We only went to 750 but you shoot some scope tracking drills, fun competitions against other students, review some basics that make it more interesting and you save some money.

Any questions please ask be glad to provide any info that makes your trip a success.

If you find that guy in Maine with a 2000 yard corn field please let me know also....Ill get a Stormy Kromer cap and practice my "Ayah, Caint get theya from heya" accent.

I think @jbell is a Downeaster he may have some in state info.

If you check the shooting in the northeast section there is a range in northern NH (Littleton area) that is being discussed also.

MMPRL FTW!
Shoot a MMPRL match in 2021 and you'll meet all the folks and learn all the places, none in ME unfortunately, for matches anyway.
Also, NRL22 in Scarborough, check their rifle website, and there's a 2, 3, 5, 600 yd square range with E-tgts for load dev.

Hi,

I am in Maine also. Been gone for a very long time, but very happy to be back.

I am one of those Mainers who is a deer hunter, but I am interested in getting into long range. I will be lurking quietly....

Hi,

And is there a code in your post somewhere that discusses long range shooting in Maine?
Since that is what the OP asked about and you replied right???

Sincerely,
Theis

Hi,

And is there a code in your post somewhere that discusses long range shooting in Maine?
Since that is what the OP asked about and you replied right???

Sincerely,
Theis

He was correct in that I shouldnt have let my anger at Maines shut down trigger me to not provide the info OP was looking for. Its tarded though, they have had little impact from cv yet serious impact from regulation - experienced a dead Marginal Way myself Memorial Day weekend.....sad - "cant use the beach unless you are moving" - retarded.

I think we got OP back on track now though he has some options and people checking in with better info.

Your irony detector is awesome and good for a laugh though.

Reactions: THEIS
Today at Scarborough. Sighting in at 100 after adding a brake to the tikka. Pretty convenient range.

Attachments

• 34475ED1-8EF9-42A8-BE02-696B1B861CD7.jpeg
    34475ED1-8EF9-42A8-BE02-696B1B861CD7.jpeg
    359.1 KB · Views: 62