• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Looking for my first Spotting scope

TW159

Private
Minuteman
Feb 2, 2008
Aumsville, Or
Sorry, it's another best scope thread

I'm just starting to get serious about longrange shooting and need my first spotting scope.

I've been thinking of getting the bushnell excursion. It seems like it's getting pretty good reviews but I'm worried it'll be like the super sniper. Everyone said how good it was so I tried one and hated it. I have nikon buckmaster scopes that are clearer, gather light better and were cheaper.

Looking to spend around $300 to $500. I Don't really need a retical but would be nice. If I could get better glass for around that price I'd lose the retical.

Any info or suggestions you could offer would be great.

Thanks
TW

Re: Looking for my first Spotting scope

I'm very happy with my ffp bushy. Make sure you check the reticle when you get it.

I would look at the Vortex Skyline Skyline 20-60x80 ED. I ordered one a few weeks ago and couldn't be happier. They are currently on closeout and Cameraland has them in stock. They are sold out of the angled model but have the straight in stock. They have amazing reviews from everywhere I have searched and are also marked down to $450. One of the drawbacks on them is the lack of a ranging reticle, but you're getting an amazing optic for the price.

http://www.cameralandny.com/optics/vortex.pl?page=vortexskylineed

Vortex has the new Viper line that is hitting the streets too. Might want to give them a look. Supposedly replaced or is a step up and around your budget. Just a thought.