• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Night Vision Looking for N-vision halo LR lense cover

Flip#1

Supporter
Supporter
Minuteman
Feb 25, 2018
North Carolina
Hey guys I broke the other day my front lense cover. the plastic is really brittle and beingit super cold made it even more brittle it broke right at the hinge.
Looking for better solution than the original they want $25.00 for a new one and before I buy it I wanted to check what’s the solution you guys might have.

Maybe @Max_R could weigh in. Just ordered one of these. Not thrilled to hear that crap starts breaking on it right out the gate ??‍♂️

@car16smg we are looking for a better solution but nothing really good, so far. We see the problem and working to solve it.

I just ordered a remplace cover $25.00 for the cover is a bit steep and the cheapest shipping option was ups ground another $20.00. They should offer usps flat rate shipping and lower the price of this crappy cover.

So I had a couple extra vortex defender caps....

Just so happens that the 56 objective defender cap will stretch over the front end of my LR!! It actually seems to be working really well... Looks half dumb... But works great!

I'm even trying a eye piece defender and using a zip tie for the ocular end as well

I'll report back after I get a couple nights on it
IMG_20191204_212949.jpg

So I had a couple extra vortex defender caps....

Just so happens that the 56 objective defender cap will stretch over the front end of my LR!! It actually seems to be working really well... Looks half dumb... But works great!

I'm even trying a eye piece defender and using a zip tie for the ocular end as well

I'll report back after I get a couple nights on itView attachment 7195936
Ha! Awesome! When mine breaks, I’m definitely doing this!

@Flip#1 Thanks for bringing up the shipping cost. We'll look into it ASAP. This is just a configuration problem on the web site that we were not aware of.

Update: done. The shipping cost is adjusted.

Finding a better lens cover is a little bit more complicated but we are thinking about it.

I just ordered a remplace cover $25.00 for the cover is a bit steep and the cheapest shipping option was ups ground another $20.00. They should offer usps flat rate shipping and lower the price of this crappy cover.

Last edited: