• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Looking for opinion on custom action

MJ2936

Private
Minuteman
Aug 25, 2013
USA
Looking to start a new project. Short action. Looking at a curtis vector, shiller, defiance deviant, impact.

I know the defiance has tighter tolerances, and they have a 60deg throw option as does the curtis.

Pros, cons?

I have a vector sitting waiting on the stock to arrive. So I have not shot it yet. But by appearance it’s pretty great. Easy to change the bolt from std to magnum also they have 223 and 224valkyrie bolts if you are intrested. The bayonet makes swapping the firing pin over a breeze. Also the quick change barrel system was a big plus to me. Prefits can be turned without the action in hand. Order receive and Thread it in two set screws and you are off and running.The bolt runs smooth out of the stock and its maybe a tiny bit hevier than the tac 30 aw I’ve been shooting. Hope this helps.