• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Looking for opinions on precision semi offerings

odonnks

Private
Minuteman
Nov 22, 2012
Hello all,

I've been shooting 5.56 semi autos and 7.62 (308) bolt action guns and now i'm interested in purchasing a semi auto 7.62 and would appreciated input from those who own some from the list I've narrowed down to.

My use is target out to 800 - 1000 yds on my farm.
No hunting.
It will be suppressed during some 50% of the outings.

What are the benefits or drawbacks with these rifles?

Larue OBR
LMT MWSE
GA Precision Gap-10
LWRC R.E.P.R.
HK MR 762
Knight SR-25

(The last two are a bit out there in cost)

All input is appreciated.
Thank you!

Re: Looking for opinions on precision semi offerings

The Larue, LMT, and LWRC are all great factory rifles and are more accurate than most shooters out of the box. Also take a look at the POF, another great factory rifle, great suppressed as well with the adjustable piston.

With that said, in that price range I'd opt to go with the GA Precision Gap10, mainly because you can order it to your liking (caliber, stock, color, etc), Having owned a handful of GAP 10s, they have all be extreemly accurate and reliability has been great.

Knights Armament — Good accuracy but way overpriced for what you're getting.

LMT — Built like a tank and good accuracy

HK MR 7.62 — Good accuracy, piston driven, HK because fuck you. LoL

Larue OBR — Not a fan of Larue products but all of that aside, it's easily a half MOA rifle as proven by K_4c, Broker, and others on here.

GA Precision GAP-10 — In my opinion, the cream of the crop. If driven properly, not uncommon to achieve sub-half moa groups. The fact that it's a GA Precision rifle speaks for itself. The only rifle in the group that I would like to have, if I didn't have my POF 308.

LWRC — Piston driven, moa shooter, side charging handle if that's your thing. More of a battle rifle than a precision rifle, as the REPR acronym suggests.

POF*USA — You didn't mention it but, you should definitely give it a good look. Best piston design (gas trap) on the market, hands down, utilizes no springs, eliminating a point of possible failure. Very easy to clean with a rag. Easily capable of half-moa accuracy.

Why is JP Enterprise not on these list, if any of you out there ever shot one then you would know why JP addicts LOVE their guns. I am not saying there are not other great guns out there because they are. But JP is without a doubt one of if not the best you can get.

My SCAR 17 does well out to 600 (haven't tried it beyond that), but something like the Larue OBR is probably better for that. Be prepared for a much heavier rifle. I use my SRS for distances beyond that anyway. Good luck with your purchase.

I have a PWS in 300 blackout which I really like (not for distance), but they do make a .308 version which I am sure is a nice rifle.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jevan126</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Why is JP Enterprise not on these list, if any of you out there ever shot one then you would know why JP addicts LOVE their guns. I am not saying there are not other great guns out there because they are. But JP is without a doubt one of if not the best you can get. </div></div>

A JP LRP-07 is on the list, I forgot to mention it.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KillShot</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Knights Armament — Good accuracy but way overpriced for what you're getting.

LMT — Built like a tank and good accuracy

HK MR 7.62 — Good accuracy, piston driven, HK because fuck you. LoL

Larue OBR — Not a fan of Larue products but all of that aside, it's easily a half MOA rifle as proven by K_4c, Broker, and others on here.

GA Precision GAP-10 — In my opinion, the cream of the crop. If driven properly, not uncommon to achieve sub-half moa groups. The fact that it's a GA Precision rifle speaks for itself. The only rifle in the group that I would like to have, if I didn't have my POF 308.

LWRC — Piston driven, moa shooter, side charging handle if that's your thing. More of a battle rifle than a precision rifle, as the REPR acronym suggests.

POF*USA — You didn't mention it but, you should definitely give it a good look. Best piston design (gas trap) on the market, hands down, utilizes no springs, eliminating a point of possible failure. Very easy to clean with a rag. Easily capable of half-moa accuracy.

</div></div>

I would consider POF. And see a few on Gunsamarica and Gunbroker. Just not too familiar with their quality but looking at reviews I've seen only one bad one related to the finish coating.

Please do not get me wrong, any one of those fine rifle would make any man happy. I have shot a GAP-10, Larue OBR, Armalite, LWRC REPR and JP, I was impressed with all. But for me there were likes and dislikes to all of them, JP won because it had more Likes for me.

There is a Armalite Super SASS at a local shop that caught my attention.

I own a 18" OBR and its awesome suppressed! With the current prices if I were to do it again I'd buy the GAP and ask for a switch block. All are good guns, but I think the OBR and GAP are a cut above.