• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Looking for opinions on S&B Polar

Major Wader

Private
Minuteman
Feb 23, 2013
Southern USA
Shopping for a really nice hunting scope.

• What is the platform for the scope? Upgrading from a Kimber to the same caliber in a Jarrett
  • What cartridge are you shooting? .280 Ackley
  • What is your intended use for the scope? Hunting, minimal target
  • What type of conditions will you typically shoot in? Any hunting conditions
  • What are the typical distances you intend to shoot? Less than 700 yards
  • Are there any specific specifications you would like? Prefer FFP, and I like simple reticles like the S&B L7
  • What is the price range you can afford? Up to $3000

Looking at the S&B Polar T96, specifically the 4-16 x 56

Anyone out there with experience behind this one, or Polar models in general? All the threads I found discussing this scope were older.

Thanks in advance

Last edited:
We have the following in stock:

755-911-72D4-16X56/D7 POSICON POLAR T96 SFP on sale for $2,249.99

755-911-712-F8-E14-16x56/L7 1/4 ccw Polar T96 FFP BDC on sale for $2599.99

755-K11-712-E4-034-16x56/L7 cm cw Polar T96 FFP BDC RAIL Sscope on sale for $2549.99

Please give a call to discuss

Updated the info.

Has anyone used one of these? I also like the PMII and Swaro Z6. Open to other suggestions as well

I have the polar 4-16x56 FFP with the p4f reticle...it’s a great scope. My use is similar to yours, and I have no complaints about it at all. Very good in low light, love the turrets, and it seems to be built like a tank.

I picked up a swaro z8i 2.3-18x56 over the summer for another rifle, and I can’t say which one I like more. Side by side, in various lighting conditions...they are super close in all aspects. I prefer the auto illumination of the swaro, and really like the ballistic turret you can add...keeps it super simple to dial for distance in a fast paced hunting situation.

Add Leica Magnus to the list. Between Polar, Swaro Z8 and Leica Magnus, it really comes down to personal preference.

To my eyes, Magnus is the best hunting scope on the market right now.

That having been said, Magnus, like Z8 and Z6, is a SFP scope, so if you want FFP, Polar is probably your best option among the hunting scopes. The one notable exception to that is the upcoming Tangent Theta 3-15x50 Hunter, but I do not think it will be shipping before November/December.

ILya

Last edited:
Reactions: Langford
I’ve been wanting to get my hands on a TT...heard nothing but great reviews.

What’s the details on the Hunter model? First I’ve heard of it... I’d assume 30mm tube like the 315m, smaller turrets maybe?

Updated the info.

Has anyone used one of these? I also like the PMII and Swaro Z6. Open to other suggestions as well

You couldn’t go wrong with any of these. They’re all world class optics. I’d also look at the ultra brights.

Euro Optic is having a big Swaro demo sale, I’d probably go that direction for the savings.