• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

looking for opinions on shooting mats and cases

spotswood

Sergeant
Minuteman
Aug 23, 2009
Florida
I have been reading posts and searching the net for months regarding shooting mats and soft cases and drag bags, backpacks and LBE gear.

How do the shooting mats of Eagle, Tab Pollack, London Bridge compare? What is the best value and of good quality. I only want to buy this once.

How are these soft cases that also double as a shooting mat I think like the Triad Hybrid sniper rifle case?

What about LBE gear such as a belt and some magazine pouches. Is Triad the best value for quality and price? London Bridges seems very expensive and am not sure if the quality is that much better?

This is for an AI/AW 308 w/ 17 inch barrel with a shark suppressor.

Re: looking for opinions on shooting mats and cases

Same, TAB mat is gtg.

With such a short rifle most drags will fit... get whats in your budget.

I bought one of the Pro Midway mats for $49 since it was on sale All I am doing is walking from the truck and setting up which so far it works great for. If I were doing comps and needed to carry it with me I would look at some of the others.

Thanks for the input:

I pulled the trigger today and went for a Tac Ops Generation 5 drag bag which has a shooting mat within it. I did a short case and plan to carry the suppressor in the inside pocket rather than leave it attached when traveling. It looks like it will have the extra storage pockets for all my extra crap. It has got to be better than traveling with a hard case all the time.
The only place I could find it for sale was at the website Sniperscentral.com. I was not able to order from Tac Ops website.
I hope I won't be disappointed and everything goes smooth. I am not familiar with Sniperscentral. The reviews sounded good though and felt it would suit my applications better than the Eagle.
Thanks