• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Looking for opinions On Steiner

Clans1971

Private
Minuteman
Dec 20, 2017
Connecticut
Thinking about get a Steiner 4-16x56 scr. Looking for opinions and or opinions that’s in the price range of this scope. It will be going on a RPR that I plan to use for a tactical rifle and look gn range coyote gun. Thanks

Kinda not feeling anything Steiner after the T5Xi fiasco (shit image quality and poor tracking).
Why not a PST Gen II? SportOptics has 15% off most things, including PSTs, through tomorrow.

Kinda not feeling anything Steiner after the T5Xi fiasco (shit image quality and poor tracking).
Why not a PST Gen II? SportOptics has 15% off most things, including PSTs, through tomorrow.

Really? You would avoid Steiner all together after the early issues with the T5Xi's, and you would choose a PST instead? First of all, everything I have read about the T5Xi is that if your scope has the upgraded turrets you are good to go, and that Steiner's warranty has been great in getting everything taken care of. Second of all, there are tons of reports of the PST line (gen 1 and 2) having to be sent in for all sorts of various issues. I know Vortex's warranty is gold, but I think its pretty well known that the PST's are hit or miss, unlike the Razors which seem to be rock solid. I don't own either scope, and I know there are a lot of happy owners of both scopes here on the forums, but that's just my 2 cents.

I have the Stenier P4Xi 4-16x56 and love it. It is the first expensive (for me) scope I've ever bought. The turrets have a nice smooth click and the glass is really clear.

Really? You would avoid Steiner all together after the early issues with the T5Xi's, and you would choose a PST instead? First of all, everything I have read about the T5Xi is that if your scope has the upgraded turrets you are good to go, and that Steiner's warranty has been great in getting everything taken care of. Second of all, there are tons of reports of the PST line (gen 1 and 2) having to be sent in for all sorts of various issues. I know Vortex's warranty is gold, but I think its pretty well known that the PST's are hit or miss, unlike the Razors which seem to be rock solid. I don't own either scope, and I know there are a lot of happy owners of both scopes here on the forums, but that's just my 2 cents.

Yes, really. My problem wasn't just with the turrets. The glass was so bad in the example I had that I thought the lenses were fogged. They may have come up with a fix for the tracking issue but the glass is the same. I do have a couple of the German-made Military 5-25s and can fully recommend those. The Steiners out of Colorado, pass for now.

Get the "M" series scopes, avoid the others unless a severe discount is in consideration. The "T" series has been known to have issues and clearly not on par with top-tier, however, the M series is a well built piece and you can pick up a used M for the price of a new T.

Yes, really. My problem wasn't just with the turrets. The glass was so bad in the example I had that I thought the lenses were fogged. They may have come up with a fix for the tracking issue but the glass is the same. I do have a couple of the German-made Military 5-25s and can fully recommend those. The Steiners out of Colorado, pass for now.

That is not the normal glass in the TX5i. It is as good or better than anything else in the price range.