• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Looking for opinions on STILLER TAC actions.

Gunslinger67

Guerrilla Machinist
Minuteman
Aug 16, 2004
Maine
I'll be building a 338 Edge with a 30" barrel and looking at beefy actions .....I'm leaning towards a Stiller TAC 338 .

I'm going to be running a barrel-block setup in a billet stock so the action , for the most part , will be floating inside the stock.

You folks have any first hand experience with these TAC actions?

Re: Looking for opinions on STILLER TAC actions.

I have a TAC 30 that was custom ordered in a Single Shot configuration for a F Class build. GAP did all the metal work on it, and chambered it in 6BR Norma with a .104FB and 272NK (no turn). As the build progressed, it ended up becoming more of a tactical build as it ended up in a Tactical stock with a USO ST-10, simply so I could use it for hunting and target shooting.

I have nothing but positive things to say about it. It is expertly machined, fit and finish was what you expect from a custom action. It is butter smooth, comes in a black finish, and of course, uses standard M700 triggers.

I would love to have a Surgeon Action for my next gun, but its hard to beat the cost of the Stiller. I can't justify the extra cost. Plus I have a BAT 3LL Repeater on order.

Thanks Brand.

I went through about 15 pages of Google links , and have yet to find a bad review.

I have used them on my latest build. It is a great action very strong and well built. I will say on mine it took almost a year to receive it. In fairness to them they were redesigning their actions.